HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 

True Character Developement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage

Number of posts : 341
Village : Otogakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Otogakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: True Character Developement   3/12/2014, 1:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

The site is a good look and I like the atmosphere the only thing I feel it is missing is something for the peeps who want to get more development out of their characters and plots. What I can applaud LR for and Temps site too while it was up was that it gave an attempt to balance the scales. Fighting is cool...farming missions is great...but for those who want to go in depth with their writing , plot , and their characters I feel their should be some incentive for them like all the other things. Skill points don't really do it in that category like the Dev tokens did. I think it would encourage people to rp vs fight, missions, fight, missions, fight etc. This is a Naruto rp so fighting is a HUGE part of it but not the only part. If something like this is in place and I missed it feel free to disregard.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

-700 CR-
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 434
Village : Konohagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in signature.
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   3/20/2014, 1:18 pm

I'll say that this seems very interesting, I'd certainly like it if this was a possibility (especially since my character's plot could possibly grow to humongous proportions). The PAC system wasn't outlined, was it? Because I'm not familiar with it to my knowledge, would you guys mind explaining it?

If it was explained I must have missed it and would be thankful if someone pointed me in its direction.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

140 chakra points, sooo maaanyyy p-p-p-pooooiiiintsss!

Update and technique repository!

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 434
Village : Konohagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in signature.
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   3/26/2014, 9:03 pm

7 days later, bumping this since I kind of still want an explanation for what that PAC system thingy is.

140 chakra points, sooo maaanyyy p-p-p-pooooiiiintsss!

Update and technique repository!

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
Back to top Go down
Lilium

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Otogakure
Elemental Mastery: None

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   3/29/2014, 12:24 am

Tuturu~ Lilium to the rescue and maybe a bit late!

I basically revamped that system to a point and ran it pretty tightly shipped so the easiest assumption I can run it by for those that don't know what PAC was, well it's basically you got points for writing.

You could submit any topic and considering certain modifiers, such as mission bonus, fights etc, you'd be evaluated by a PAC staff on several categories, between 1 to 10. And then you added up those numbers, ran through any modifiers from bonuses and then you had a total score and that total score was your amount added.

The only problem I can see with a system like that, is the subjectivity of it. Person A might considering plot A a damn good plot worth oodles, but person B might not like the plot at all and give it a low score. Not only that, but it would have to be consistently updated, and well it seems that staff already has problems with keeping things consistent with what load they already have.

I've very heavily for something for developmental rpers, as I am a major player in that kind of field myself. To be absolutely fair, finding a system that's not some sort of subjective is difficult as is, because usually impartiality is used for the more grinding aspects of a role-play. So long as that is understood first and foremost, a PAC system would be very, very efficient.

However, once we get past that, there's a secondary problem. For a PAC system to work, considering the fact that NP values would have to be edited, the reviewers would have to have at least staff permissions to do so, and be active as well. In so far as I know, editing those fields in Forummotion means admin panel access so correct me if I'm wrong. So that right there is a bit of a wheel gog, unless an admin solely wants to spend time adding up np. Which I doubt anyone wants to and I doubt anyone would want someone randomly promoted to admin just for that.

I'm thinking pretty hard on a worthy replacement suggestion in my eyes, but I'm coming up short unfortunately. The best I can think of is something like pac, but rather gives something similar to build up points? Pft I have no idea, I just have the general idea of ''plots are coupons for what you need!'' or something. So if the PAC system was wanted, I'd like to see if I can help building it, and tweaking it perhaps?

So yeah that was my eductative and two cents now I'mma stop this rambling haha.

Profile Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Updates
Back to top Go down
The real Arashi

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-03-03

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   3/29/2014, 6:12 am

Well. If you don't mind me throwing my two cents in.

If we're talking about character development we have to first and foremost understand that it's not something that will - in general - happen in a single topic. In turn it's rather a long term evolution.

IN TURN, that means that perhaps, and understand that I'm writing this only off the top of my mind right now, we should simply create a forum simply entitled something as casual as 'Character Development'. There anyone who feels that their character has developed can fill out a template stating the time frame in which it happened, reason their claims through providing the links to the topic(s) and perhaps if there's a multitude of topics give short summaries of what actually happened in said topics and naturally, an explanation of their character's development.

The rewards could go from small NP boosts to gaining a skill point or perhaps being granted some jutsu or weapon or something of that sort, all within reason and adequately fit for the time frame in which it happened.

Personally, I think that such a system would decrease the workload on staff generally though at first there might be the happy-go-luckies who try to claim that their character taking a shit is character development because the butthole assploded. But if we're all gonna be behaving adequately then it could work pretty well.

Of course, such a system would also allow for a little to big bonus if a character had a striking experience because such things cannot be excluded either.

But yar, dat be ams jst m too sends.

kkthxbai,
xoxoxox
Back to top Go down
The Queen
Hokage
Hokage

Number of posts : 570
Village : Konohagakure
Bloodline : Sharingan
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery: Fire, Water

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   3/29/2014, 7:57 am

A decent character development system has been floating in the back of my mind for some time. I even have feelers out to search for those with good idea's.

I've seen several systems, and several idea's on how such things have played out. Sometimes they confuse me, such as a character making great strides to not be a drug addict, which somehow translates to them being able to suddenly use genjutsu. (Large Development, which equals adding a specialty out of no where)

Another problem I've run into is, the stonewall of "You don't tell me how my character develops" which in truth is correct. I can't in good faith tell you how your character should be developing, by way of offering rewards for what I feel is good, and nothing for what I feel is bad. Dogs can be trained like that, but not people.

Yet another is a reference of time. I'm sure we've all heard of the guy who wrote 50,000 words in a day to become supreme Kai of the known universe. Which in of itself is a mighty feat, but does someone who can be on every day, doing 4-6 different topic's, be developing constantly? Almost dare I say, daily? Is that fair/right? Does someone ever stop developing? Or is it such a long process that even doing 30 posts a day makes it a 4-6 month journey.

Do we reward something that isn't inherently relevant, to a combat style bonus? Two Examples as follows

1. Person A finally gets revenge for the brutal slaying of there mother, vengeance is his, he claims the reward of +1 rank to weaponary moves

2. Person B finally discovers his long lost brother, finally feeling a sense of self worth, he sets out to get to know his brother. He claims the reward of +1 rank to Katon jutsu

As you can see, one seems relevant, and the other, well not so much. Sure I left out the journey, but in reality lets just say one was a bloody fight, and the other was visiting every village and saying hello to various people in attempt to find his brother, no combat at all. How do we justify that or don't we?

Finally, the question that is always on my mind. What is character development, I have yet to hear (rather read) an answer that truly satisfies my understanding of that it means. Does it mean you change, does it mean you understand yourself better, is it something that creates a profound difference, or just a deepening of your story. Is it your story, or your journey? What if your story is well... crap? Killing people a la Kenpachi style to be "da greatest" are you really developing? Can someone develop and others not?

For me, to create a system, I really have to understand what development means in a Naruto world. To take into account that a large portion of Naruto is combat/fighting, does that develop even though it gives its own rewards? Should it?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Uchiha/Aburame
600 CR Nin/Gen/Fuuin Masteries

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Character Developement   

Back to top Go down

True Character Developement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2