HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 

Library Fines [Mission]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anasztaz
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 36
Village : Kirigakure
Bloodline : Kaguya
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Bunshin no Jutsu; Kawarimi no Jutsu; Henge no Jutsu; Body Flicker; Hidden in Mist Technique; Leaf Whirlwind; Water Release: Gunshot; Water Prison; Arhat Fist; Leaf Great Whirlwind; Lion Combo; Peregrine Falcon Drop; Water Encampment Wall; Dance of the Camellia; Dance of the Willow; Dance of the Larch
Alliegance: Kirigakure
Elemental Mastery: Suiton

PostSubject: Library Fines [Mission]   2/26/2014, 9:15 pm

Cyrus sat in a tree near the center of the housing perish, watching the patrons of Kirigakure come and leave their homes as the day marched onward. His mission today was to find and collect books and their respective fines from individuals who had failed to return them to the library. He studied the list of titles and the pictures of those who checked them out in order to better spot them if they left or came back to their houses. The titles were nothing spectacular so far, A History of Kirigakure, How to Catch the Big One (Tips on Landing the Right Fish), The Seven Swordsman of the Bloody Mist, and….well. Cyrus blinked a few times and looked back towards the houses. The last book on the list had been one of more erotic taste and a disturbingly specific taste at that. He would recover that one last…he didn't want to carry it with him for more than what was required. He took a deep breath and pocketed the list when he glimpsed one of the book ‘thieves’, as the list named them. Excellent, he hadn't had to wait too long before he could retrieve a book and its’ fine. Cyrus descending from the tree and began making his way to intercept the patron.

(Edit was to underline the book titles, in case any were curious.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

170/170 CR
Back to top Go down
Anasztaz
Genin
Genin

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Bunshin no Jutsu; Kawarimi no Jutsu; Henge no Jutsu; Body Flicker; Hidden in Mist Technique; Leaf Whirlwind; Water Release: Gunshot; Water Prison; Arhat Fist; Leaf Great Whirlwind; Lion Combo; Peregrine Falcon Drop; Water Encampment Wall; Dance of the Camellia; Dance of the Willow; Dance of the Larch

PostSubject: Re: Library Fines [Mission]   2/26/2014, 11:03 pm

The first patron was an elder woman, but she carried herself with the authority that reminded him of a teacher or a sensei. As Cyrus appeared before, the woman gasped slightly as they had almost collided in the middle of the street.

“I’m quite sorry ma’am, I was moving a bit quicker than I thought I was. I should have paid more attention.” He laughed a bit and held his hands up and open towards the woman to show he meant no harm.

“Oh, well, that’s quite alright, but if you will excuse me, I must be off to the Academy.” Ahh, so she was a teacher after all, score one for Cyrus. She smiled and began to walk past him, but he turned and kept her pace alongside her.

“Ma’am, I’m terribly sorry, but I've been tasked with retrieving a book”, he looked at his list quickly, “and it seems you checked out A History of Kirigakure over a month ago. The library needs that book back along with a library fine of 15 ryo. I know this seems trivial, but they have few copies of some of these books and they are valuable founts of knowledge.” He gave an apologetic smile towards the woman as she stopped and sighed.

“Yes, yes. I’m aware that I have not returned the book. I've been using the book to teach my class some of the earliest history of Kirgakure in hopes they would appreciate all that this fine village has become. The Academy has refused my appeal for newer, more detailed history texts as they feel history is not a top priority when training young children to become future Genin. I suppose since the library has gone to the lengths to send you out here, I’ll relinquish the book and pay the fine.” She nodded and began rummaging through her bag for a moment and then presented Cyrus with the book and the respective fine. “There you are, now, I must be on my way.”

He nodded, “Yes ma’am, of course, thank you for your cooperation!” One off of the list, three more to go.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

170/170 CR
Back to top Go down
Anasztaz
Genin
Genin

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Library Fines [Mission]   2/28/2014, 9:52 pm

A few hours had passes since Cyrus had collected his first book and he had decided that scanning the scene from his tree was the best option in order to see majority of the people in the perish. No other people on his list had been spotted for a while, so he decided to read some of A History of Kirigakure to pass the time. The book was around 15 years old, judging by the publishing date and had seen its fair share of hands in those fifteen years. Cyrus flipped through the pages lazily, glancing over most of the material until he reached a chapter that was titled “Fall of the Barbarians”. He only needed to read a few sentences to catch words such as “Kaguya”, “bloodthirsty”, “extinct”. He looked back up at the perish for an undetermined amount of time, a bit numb to what was around him. His father had never told him about his clan and for some reason Cyrus had never inquired if there were more like him. Living with a small family could do that to someone it seems.

After staring at the perish for a while, Cyrus went back to reading about his clan. He learned that the Kaguya were a nomadic clan of warmongers that were only content if they were killing or fighting people. Do I really hail from these people? Am I supposed to be some sort of person who kills for no reason?, he thought to himself. He continued to read and found out what befell his clan, but he felt no sadness for them. Their lifestyle was archaic. It needed to be wiped out. If he had been born a few years earlier, he would have died with him, a fate he was glad was not his. Being fierce in battle was different than be a warmongering brute, he reasoned, and thus he would be as fierce as possible when another raised their hand to him.
A few more moments passed as he thought about the fate of his clan and of himself until he recognized another face on the list. This patron was a boy around his age, maybe a bit older and was dressed in a headband and clothes that looked like those of the local fisherman. Cyrus promptly hopped down from his seat and ran to the boy.

“Excuse me, sir! I’m sorry to bother you, but I have been asked to retrieve books and their respective fined from those who have failed to return them by the return date. It seems the copy of How to Catch the Big One (Tips on Landing the Right Fish) that you checked out was due a week ago and will incur a fine of two ryo.” He shrugged, a bit apologetic about the news as the boy blinked a few times.

“Ah crap, I forgot I had that thing…wait here real quick!” The youth took off towards a row of houses and was gone for quite a while before Cyrus go the idea to go check on the lad. I wonder why this is taking him so long..?” It had been nearly ten minutes as he walked over to the rows of houses, but as he arrived to the house he had seen the boy gravitate towards, the boy was exiting a back window and sprinting away from the house. Is he…seriously running away from a book fine..? Cyrus was beyond confused, but he took off after the boy. This teen was no match for Cyrus’s speed and was quickly overtaken by the Genin.

"Why are you running? You can rent the book out again after you have returned it!” This made no sense to him, but he couldn’t’ afford to let the teen run again. The boy looked around frantically for a way out but saw no option that Cyrus would fail in stopping him again.

“Fine! Take your stupid book! I needed this to help my family get food!” With this, he threw the book at Cyrus along with the two ryo fine, which was placed neatly inside of the book cover. The boy then shoved his way past Cyrus and headed towards the docks. Cyrus’s mouth was left hanging. All of this fuss over a library fine? He didn’t understand anything that just happened but he had received what he came for and with that, he made his way back to his scouting tree.

170/170 CR
Back to top Go down
Anasztaz
Genin
Genin

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Library Fines [Mission]   3/1/2014, 3:48 am

This mission was proving to be more tedious than he had expected.  With all of this time in the tree, one would assume that Cyrus had seen every person on his list. That person would be incorrect. Around two hours had passed since he collected his second book and Cyrus was beginning to fear the other two people would evade his watchful eye, but fortunately he spotted another person on the list. He jumped down and walked towards the patron, a boy around the age of nine this time. The boy eyes him curiously as Cyrus stopped before him.

“Hi there, little man. I've been told you have a library book that needs to be returned, which also has a small fine of one ryo. Do you have this book with you?” Cyrus tried to be inviting as possible in addressing the child.

“Yeah! I was reading about the legendary Seven Swordsman of the Mist, I’m going to be one of them someday!” The child’s enthusiasm pleased Cyrus; they needed more children like him in the village. “Hold on, lemme go get it!” The boy ran to a nearby house (Cyrus watched closely as to avoid another fiasco) and was out in minutes. “My mom gave me the fine and the book. Here you go!” The child smiled up at Cyrus, not bothered at all by having to pay the fine.

“Thank you, kind sir!” Cyrus bowed to the child, which resulting in laughter and another book off of his list.

170/170 CR
Back to top Go down
Anasztaz
Genin
Genin

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Library Fines [Mission]   3/2/2014, 9:30 pm

One last book and he would be able to report back to the library and finish first mission. He didn't mind that his first mission was a small, ‘gopher’ mission as everyone had to start somewhere. He grabbed the list out of his pocket one last time and studied the face of the patron who checked out the most interesting title on the list. The patron was a girl, no older than Cyrus, with long blonde hair and a smile that could melt even the coldest heart. Her skin had a healthy glow to it and looked as if it was as smooth as the finest silk available. Simply put, she was an attractive individual. From where he was standing, Cyrus scanned the ever growing crowd as many people began returning from the work day, a good and bad thing for him. The crowd began to thicken quickly, obscuring his vision, but not enough for him to spot the girl walking in his direction. Finally, I can get this last book and be on my way!

As he made his way to her and she to him, their eyes locked for a moment and a coy smirk appeared on her face, making her more inviting than she already was. Cyrus felt his cheeks grow hot for a second before he realized that she had veered off to the right. He sighed and followed after her, eager to finish his mission, but to his relief the girl had stopped and was facing him as he exited the crowd. She was standing by a bench patiently waiting for Cyrus to come to her.
“Hello, miss. I’m sorry to bother you on your way home, but I’ve been tasked with-“, she put a hand up to silence him and took a few steps towards him until she could hold his hand if she raised her arm a few inches. Her smirk was still present as she spoke.

“I know why you’re here. You’ve come to collect the book and fine I owe the library. I knew if I held onto it long enough they would ask some handsome, young Genin to retrieve it for them.” Cyrus’s mouth was agape, an action he had been experience quite often recently. He made a mental note to stop doing that so often, especially in front of women, but this one had caught him off guard completely. She…wanted to be fined? He didn’t comprehend, but he wondered if even the legendary Sage of the Six Paths understood women. He doubted it.

“O-oh, well, then do you have the book and fine I was sent to collect? I would very much like to be as little a nuisance to you as possible, so the quicker I can collect both items, the quicker I can be..out of your…hair..?” She had grabbed his hand. He blinked as she stepped even closer, her perfume invading his nostrils with the scents of vanilla and honey. The scent was intoxicating and Cyrus concluded that he could stay here and be complacent until his life ended.

“I don’t want you to be out of my hair, though. I've wanted a month for someone to come for this book. I've been dying to try out what I learned from this book with someone.” She whispered the last sentence in his ear as the hand that had grabbed his made its way up his arm gently and the cupped the back of his head. It was then that Cyrus remembered what the title of the book was and his cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Oh my…this is…quite unexpected. How do I get out of this..? I just wanted the damn book and fine..

Cyrus chuckled a bit and gently placed a hand on the girl’s shoulder and eased her back and off of him. “Miss, I’m terribly sorry, but I must remain professional while collecting these books, I’m afraid I’ll have to decline your offer”, she pouted softly, increasing her allure ever more, “for now, that is. I might be back if time allows it. How about that?” He gave the most flirtatious smirk he could manage, hoping that the anticipation of trying what she learned would placate her enough to hand over the book and fine.

The girl thought for a moment and then produced a book from a bag she had set next to the bench. As she handed Cyrus the book and fine that was in between two pages like a bookmark she stepped closer and whispered to him once more, “The page that’s marked is what we’ll try first when you come back..alright?” She giggled and released the book with a wink as she backed away. She collected her bag and then exited towards the house they were in front of. Cyrus continued to blink, but managed to turn around and open the book to the page with the fine, which resulted in the immediate closing of the book. What he saw…made his cheeks practically explode in flames right in the middle of the perish. He shook his head a few times to clear his mind and then hurriedly exited the housing perish towards the library.

[Mission Complete]

170/170 CR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Library Fines [Mission]   

Back to top Go down

Library Fines [Mission]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1