HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 

Puppetry?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned

Number of posts : 428
Village : Sunagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : -
Bloodline : Sharingan - Tomoe 3
Registration date : 2014-02-04

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery: Katon

PostSubject: Puppetry?   2/26/2014, 5:48 pm

Before I start registering puppets or puppetry techniques or using puppetry in battle, I'd just like to ask about a few things.

• How exactly are the prices of puppets determined? Is it solely based on the materials? If so, it seems like puppets are a lottttt less than weapons.
  • Can puppets have abilities like weapons? Sorry if this is in the topic, I'm just a bit confused on this.
  • Does one's specialty level in puppetry determine how many puppets they can control at a time, or how many chakra threads are required to control one puppet? Like, can I use five threads from one hand to control one puppet, and five threads from the other to control another puppet, or can more skilled users even use two threads per puppet and control 5 at once? I don't think this is stated anywhere.
  • Do the chakra threads have to be visible? On the wiki it says that 'skilled users' can make them invisible so that others can't see them; what's the policy on that here? Can one with a puppetry sub-specialty make invisible chakra threads?
  • What about the actual tangibility of chakra threads and what they can and can't attach to? In canon puppet users could attach the threads to everything - not just puppets. Kankuro even used his to trip Naruto on one occasion. Is it assumed that they can do that here too? Are the chakra threads tangible and able to interact with people, objects and the environment? If so, is there a specialty limitation on this; can a sub-specialty do this?

Thanks. Sorry if any of this is already stated somewhere.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My house Smile

Spoiler:

Me IRL

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 434
Village : Konohagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in signature.
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Re: Puppetry?   2/28/2014, 12:53 pm

Some things out of the mire that is my mind:
  1. No idea, but I think they shouldn't be that much cheaper than weapons. Maybe an additional cost based on the rank of the puppet (assuming they have ranks)?
  2. I don't see why this would be an issue, but I feel that the abilities should be limited by what the rank of the puppet is (again, the same assumption).
  3. I feel that this should be the case, increasing skill allowing increased control with less strings leading to more puppets at once.
  4. This is true, but I feel that the if the chakra strings are made invisible then the puppet should be slowed/weakened slightly? Sacrificing power and speed for stealth seems reasonable, no?
  5. Maybe have a special type of chakra threads that are tangible? Or maybe not, since that could pretty much make ninja wire obsolete for certain people?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

140 chakra points, sooo maaanyyy p-p-p-pooooiiiintsss!

Update and technique repository!

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
Back to top Go down
Gosuto
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 46
Village : Kirigakure
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Puppetry?   2/28/2014, 1:26 pm

The specialities say how many puppets can be used at any time.
3 - Sub Spec
5 - Spec
10 - Master
20 - Master +

So I guess with lower skills you'd need at least 3 at Sub and at least 2 on Spec. Though the rest are good questions. With the visibility im not sure if it was in the anime or not but Kankuro used his own strings to pull Sasori. Both are great puppeteers so there must be some trade off for visibility otherwise why didn't they make them invisible?
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned

Number of posts : 428
Village : Sunagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : -
Bloodline : Sharingan - Tomoe 3
Registration date : 2014-02-04

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery: Katon

PostSubject: Re: Puppetry?   3/1/2014, 10:33 pm

Ah, thank you for that Gosuto. And yeah, I think that skilled puppeteers could control their chakra so well that they could make the strings invisible, but actually keep the same effect, because a lot of the time you see Kankuro controlling his puppets - especially in part one - you cannot see the strings. As for the tangibility, Kankuro used invisible, yet tangible normal chakra threads to trip Naruto, as did Chiyo to bind Sasori and control her weapons, so I'd assume that they're freely tangible. I could be wrong though. The thing I'm really confused about is the pricing, as there is not even a spot in the template to list the price of a puppet. Perhaps that needs to be added.

My house Smile

Spoiler:

Me IRL

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Gosuto
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 46
Village : Kirigakure
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Puppetry?   3/2/2014, 8:56 am

I added what the puppet was made out of in my puppet reg, doesn't make sense not to have it. As for the strings, why would someone use visible ones over invisible if they have the same capabilities? As with my example with Kankuro vs. Sasori, they were using visible strings. Not quite sure how the difference would work on this site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppetry?   

Back to top Go down

Puppetry?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1