HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 

Tricks of the Gunslinger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned

Number of posts : 428
Village : Sunagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : -
Bloodline : Sharingan - Tomoe 3
Registration date : 2014-02-04

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery: Katon

PostSubject: Tricks of the Gunslinger   2/17/2014, 6:29 pm

Name: Sharingan Trickery
Range: Visual range - anyone looking at Boone's eyes is affected.
Type: Genjutsu
Handsigns: Ram
Description: This genjutsu is triggered upon eye contact; as soon as someone looks into Boone's eyes, they are ensnared in it. The illusion has quite a simple effect, in that it simply changes the color and pattern of Boone's irises so that they appear no different with the sharingan activated than they do in their neutral state. The genjutsu can only be cast over the sharingan, and thus attempting to use it without the sharingan activated is useless. A D-rank amount of chakra per turn is required to keep this genjutsu active. Naturally, all sharingan - regardless of what level they may be - can see through this illusion. Contact with Boone's eyes does not necessarily have to be direct for this effect to take place; even if someone sees Boone's eyes in the reflection of a mirror or water or something of the sort, they will be caught in the technique's minute effect. The only purpose of this technique is to mask Boone's sharingan, and it can accomplish no effect other than this. The technique can affect an indefinite number of targets at once, and anyone looking at Boone's eyes, regardless of who they may be, will only see the effect of the illusion, and remain completely oblivious to the fact that he has his sharingan activated. In order to resist being fooled by the genjutsu, one would have to already know Boone is an Uchiha and that he is using sharingan, and only then would they know to use Genjutsu Kai and break the illusion. As such, with this technique in effect, knowledge of Boone's sharingan is nearly impossible to acquire.

Name: Convenient Distraction
Range: 50 meters
Handsigns: -
Description: This technique adheres to its name, and its purpose is simply to cause the illusion of a distraction at a convenient timing. This distraction can take the form of anything, and can be of any magnitude, so long as it does not involve any living things. For example, it could be a a large object falling, part of a building collapsing, a cart crashing, etc. Basically, it just creates the illusion that something in the area is being affected in such a way to distract a target. The basic medium for this genjutsu is eye contact, and as it is sharingan-based, any individuals which Boone may make eye contact with can be affected. To affect a broader range of victims, Boone may simply clap once, and all who hear this clap will be caught in the genjutsu. To make the illusion seem more believable, Boone can delay its effects from occuring for up to two minutes after the genjutsu is initially delivered to the opponent, as a building falling down right as he clapped his hands would certainly be suspicious. Nothing new is created by this illusion, but aspects of the environment are just being manipulated by an illusion, such as a basket of clothing which might be on a windowsill falling and crashing onto a fruit stand down below, creating a loud noise. The illusion can be as elaborate as Boone deems fit, and affect as many senses as his skill level in genjutsu will allow. The aftermath of the distraction also remain until the genjutsu is broken, such as in the previous example above, where a smashed fruit stand and scattered basket of clothing would appear to be on the street below, until the illusion is broken, at which point these things will revert to their normal states. Due to the distraction being completely natural, and utilizing aspects of the environment which were already present, it is quite difficult to detect that this is merely an illusion, and thus the genjutsu is hard to notice and break.

Last edited by ⊙Mack⊙ on 2/19/2014, 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 521
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Tricks of the Gunslinger   2/18/2014, 7:39 am

Trickery Approved

Distraction -
Quote :
Any individuals in the area whose presence Boone is aware of can be affected, and the 'trigger' for the genjutsu is simply time-based; at a time which Boone deems fit, the victims are placed under the illusion, and a distraction appears to occur somewhere in the area 50 meters around Boone.

Quote :
Visual Based Genjutsu are another issue, catching people in your eye, pointing fingers at them, or seeing something. For starters, visual ones are specifically designed, they don't affect a range of people and are singular in nature.

They need a range they can be affected
They need some sort of component to initiate the genjutsu
They need a duration

So you basically need something to start the genjutsu cause it can't be the way you specified it. You can't activate a genjutsu just by being aware of someones existence in the area.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Tricks of the Gunslinger   2/18/2014, 4:52 pm

Added a trigger to Distraction.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My house Smile

Spoiler:

Me IRL

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Jushiro
Jounin
Jounin

Number of posts : 468
Village : Konoha
Bloodline : Byakugan
Registration date : 2014-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Tricks of the Gunslinger   2/18/2014, 5:26 pm

Quote :
Name: Sharingan Trickery
Range: Visual range - anyone looking at Boone's eyes is affected.
Handsigns: Ram
Description: This genjutsu is triggered upon eye contact; as soon as someone looks into Boone's eyes, they are ensnared in it. The illusion has quite a simple effect, in that it simply changes the color and pattern of Boone's irises so that they appear no different with the sharingan activated than they do in their neutral state. The genjutsu can only be cast over the sharingan, and thus attempting to use it without the sharingan activated is useless. A D-rank amount of chakra per turn is required to keep this genjutsu active. Naturally, all sharingan - regardless of what level they may be - can see through this illusion. Contact with Boone's eyes does not necessarily have to be direct for this effect to take place; even if someone sees Boone's eyes in the reflection of a mirror or water or something of the sort, they will be caught in the technique's minute effect. The only purpose of this technique is to mask Boone's sharingan, and it can accomplish no effect other than this. The technique can affect an indefinite number of targets at once, and anyone looking at Boone's eyes, regardless of who they may be, will only see the effect of the illusion, and remain completely oblivious to the fact that he has his sharingan activated. In order to resist being fooled by the genjutsu, one would have to already know Boone is an Uchiha and that he is using sharingan, and only then would they know to use Genjutsu Kai and break the illusion. As such, with this technique in effect, knowledge of Boone's sharingan is nearly impossible to acquire.

D-rank Jutsu..I'm a curious man and sometimes dumb as hell when it comes to this. But this mere D-rank techs seems to have quite a few applications. I have issues with casting it through a mirror and using other reflective means. Also, an indefinite amount of targets. Again, derin a bit too much for such a simple Jutsu. Also, Genjutsus can be snuffed out using different means,
so just remember that.

Second technique. Is it suppose to be a visual thing or a sound based Genjutsu, or both? I'm a little confused about it.

The Prophecy Of Noobs

Cited by the King of Noobs-13/09/09

[07:20:29] Izanagi : Blessed are the Noobs, for they shall inherit the Site.

[22:21:59] The Haitian : Lol, the prophecy has spoken.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Tricks of the Gunslinger   2/18/2014, 5:32 pm

The trigger is sound-based to affect larger amounts of targets, but the effect of the genjutsu can affect multiple senses such as sight and sound, or even smell with a high enough genjutsu ability.

As for Trickery, this is an effect which could be attained through a simple Henge, which is E-ranked. All this technique does is disguise the appearance of Boone's eyes to anyone who may happen to look at them. It literally just makes his eyes look normal at all times, and thus I don't really see why such a minor effect couldn't be shown through mirrors or other reflections, as someone could just look through a mirror and see the sharingan, thus completely negating the effects of the technique. Considering an E-rank technique can be used to achieve a nearly identical effect, I don't see why this needs to be nerfed really.

My house Smile

Spoiler:

Me IRL

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Jushiro
Jounin
Jounin

Number of posts : 468
Village : Konoha
Bloodline : Byakugan
Registration date : 2014-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Tricks of the Gunslinger   2/18/2014, 6:12 pm

Quote :
As for Trickery, this is an effect which could be attained through a simple Henge, which is E-ranked. All this technique does is disguise the appearance of Boone's eyes to anyone who may happen to look at them. It literally just makes his eyes look normal at all times, and thus I don't really see why such a minor effect couldn't be shown through mirrors or other reflections, as someone could just look through a mirror and see the sharingan, thus completely negating the effects of the technique. Considering an E-rank technique can be used to achieve a nearly identical effect, I don't see why this needs to be nerfed really.

See that? You just contradicted the statement of your own Jutsu >_> That's what I'm getting at. So which is it? Personally I don't like the water reflection stuff and all that. And you make me sick. A Uchiha should be proud of their eyes o.O You lack the arrogance to be a Uchiha.

The Prophecy Of Noobs

Cited by the King of Noobs-13/09/09

[07:20:29] Izanagi : Blessed are the Noobs, for they shall inherit the Site.

[22:21:59] The Haitian : Lol, the prophecy has spoken.
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Tricks of the Gunslinger   2/18/2014, 6:17 pm

Lul, well Boone isn't very proud of his lineage, as he is an illegitimate child who was shunned by his clan; plus this can be a tactical advantage. Though I've never seen a technique be denied for personalityh or something :O

And I don't really see what I contradicted? All I said was that if it wasn't seen through reflections and such, the entire technique would be completely useless, as people could just use reflections as a loophole. All I was saying was that the effect is so minor that I don't see why it has to be nerfed to not extend to reflections. Sure, I'm not going to try and make tsukuyomi affect people through reflections, but this is such a small effect with no combat usage that I don't see why the transmission cannot be a bit more liberal.

My house Smile

Spoiler:

Me IRL

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
The Queen
Hokage
Hokage

Number of posts : 570
Village : Konohagakure
Bloodline : Sharingan
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Fire, Water

PostSubject: Re: Tricks of the Gunslinger   2/19/2014, 7:02 am

Hello,

I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but I have a few things and I don't want to appear rude

For a more detailed list of genjutsu, please visit this topic
Genjutsu Information

• Pertaining to trickery, we don't allow it to affect a indefinite # of targets, also it will need a duration, all genjutsu do
  • Now, for trickery, are you running around with this always active (As its different then Henge, Henge ends without a upkeep, are you keeping an upkeep forever when-ever your sharingan is active?)
  • Pertaining to Distraction, clapping isn't a trigger, also requires a duration and number of targets.

Please remember for future, because I find these to be very clever genjutsu, that all genjutsu regardless of level/ability

Require a trigger, a duration, a range and a set number of targets. (This number only changes based on your specialty, not environmental factors)

Thank you, and sorry for just jutting in like that. Just wanted to get off on the right foot Smile
Back to top Go down
Judge Holden
Banned
Banned

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:

PostSubject: Re: Tricks of the Gunslinger   2/19/2014, 4:04 pm

Scrapping trickery, as I can do the same thing with Henge and not have to nerf it. But I don't get what you mean by 'trigger', you're kind of vague on that. How is clapping not a trigger? And by duratiton do you mean a post duration? And the number of targets is set by my specialty, as stated in the guidelines.
Back to top Go down
The Queen
Hokage
Hokage

Number of posts : 570
Village : Konohagakure
Bloodline : Sharingan
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Fire, Water

PostSubject: Re: Tricks of the Gunslinger   2/19/2014, 10:20 pm

Well, clapping isn't a trigger because its a extremely overused/hyped trigger. Strictly speaking, for sound (or any genjutsu really) there are handsigns following by a noise/trigger. Bells, shouting, crows etc etc

Yes a post duration

Sorry to be curt with you, playing minecraft lol Smile

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Uchiha/Aburame
600 CR Nin/Gen/Fuuin Masteries

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tricks of the Gunslinger   

Back to top Go down

Tricks of the Gunslinger
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1