HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 

Comprehensive Guide/FAQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hisoka™
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 143
Village : Takigakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Comprehensive Guide/FAQ   5/1/2014, 4:50 pm

Okay so to be blunt, this site is horribly organized. Whenever I wanna find the rules for ranking up and/or benefits for ranking up, or how much summons and jutsu cost, or anything like that, I find myself searching around the various areas of the forms that contain rules, and it takes me forever to find. My suggestion is to make a Global Announcement that either puts everything in one place, or simply links to the correct section. I know what people are gonna say "dont be lazy, look for it, etc." But thats the thing. When new members cant find certain guidelines and rules, it'll scare em off. So taking a few moments to make a post like this will make things a hell of a lot easier, mainly for newbies, but for us older members as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Sanroku

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2014-04-29

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Guide/FAQ   5/1/2014, 4:55 pm

I kind'of know what you mean =x
Gir Gir
Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 521
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Guide/FAQ   5/1/2014, 5:06 pm

I agree. I will put up a thread with corresponding links when I get the time. Thanks for your notice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Revy
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin

Number of posts : 77
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Undisputed King of 3 Worlds
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Guide/FAQ   5/1/2014, 5:14 pm

Not even just unorganized, there is literally important information scattered throughout random topics all over the place, making finding specific things hell if you don't already know where it is.

Or even finding things in general.

Back to top Go down
Depore

Number of posts : 203
Village : SUNA
Job/hobbies : ???
Bloodline : -NIL-
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Guide/FAQ   5/1/2014, 5:30 pm

Really? I thought its okay. It's just that some information don't exist. Like at all.

Other than the NP costs thread, the rest I eventually managed to find in that little side bar.
Back to top Go down
Auseptcyin

Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Guide/FAQ   5/1/2014, 6:38 pm

No. Sometimes, I genuinely feel like people need to read more. But this is the frustrated Moderator in me talking, so bleh. People will ask questions, need to accept it. What we can do is be proactive in answering them.

But by the same token, I can look at that sidebar and see it contains the right links, you just need to look at the third bar which isn't exactly useful. For example, I can't see a link to the open ranks - which is one of the first things anyone will want. A nice little idea would be LR's 'Getting Started' Page, which had a recommended reading pattern and links to all the relevant articles.

Not so much an FAQ, but a n00b's Manuel.

[23:28:56] Mona : embrace da sweg, love et, cradel et, keep et warm @ night

Back to top Go down
Hisoka™
Genin
Genin

Village : Takigakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Guide/FAQ   5/1/2014, 6:58 pm

Auseptcyin wrote:
No. Sometimes, I genuinely feel like people need to read more. But this is the frustrated Moderator in me talking, so bleh. People will ask questions, need to accept it. What we can do is be proactive in answering them.

But by the same token, I can look at that sidebar and see it contains the right links, you just need to look at the third bar which isn't exactly useful. For example, I can't see a link to the open ranks - which is one of the first things anyone will want. A nice little idea would be LR's 'Getting Started' Page, which had a recommended reading pattern and links to all the relevant articles.

Not so much an FAQ, but a n00b's Manuel.
Thats kinda what I was getting at, but even then I feel like certain information is hidden away in topics that have nothing to do with the info itself. Sure if you go thru and read every topic on the side bar, you'll find the answer to any question you need. But I feel like having to read through multiple threads just to find one simple piece of info, is rather displeasing. Hell, Ive read every rule topic from start to finish, but that doesnt mean I remember everything I read, nor can I ever remember which topic its in when I do forget xD

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Guide/FAQ   

Back to top Go down

Comprehensive Guide/FAQ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1