HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 
 

 EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tee
Banned
Banned
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 723
Village : Akatsuki
Bloodline : Senju
Registration date : 2014-03-01

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Akatsuki
Elemental Mastery: Doton/Suiton/Mokuton

PostSubject: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/23/2014, 5:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

A lot has been going on as of recently lots of bs and non bs lots of mehness and non mehness, but nonetheless this is actually pretty serious. Obviously things aren't perfect, hell not even half that, however what most people love to forget is this is an rp site to have fuuuuunnnn. And in order to make things better I want to know the opinions of the members of the site who can give me or the site constructive criticism. Don't mistake constructive criticism with ranting and raging because that shant be allowed, simply be civilized and declare your points, what would you want to change? What don't you like about the site or what do you think could be better, this is a place for the members input to be heard as it should. So give all the feedback you want respectfully of the site, the staff, and everything as a whole and I and hopefully the rest of the staff will be able to proactively work with the members to make the site a better place and pull it from the bottom of the well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________


[13:05:33] Kabuke : Tee, I'll give you aalllllllll of meeeeee~
[18:44:35] The End : I like to helicopter dick before sleeping
[19:50:57] @ Lokifur Khaddaoui : [19:50:40] EmptyTree : When you 48 hour someone, do you have to wait 48 hours after your attack?

[19:51:01] @ Lokifur Khaddaoui : wtf kind of question is this
[20:56:49] Jabo : We could have a three way but no teaming up is needed
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Revy
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
avatar

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 77
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Undisputed King of 3 Worlds
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/25/2014, 7:25 pm

The Big Bad wrote:
Lol, who's forcing a dialogue? I only wanted it to be stated in the rules that you can't abuse someone for talking with all that technical and micromanaged nonsense.

I remind you that this is a Naruto site, not real life ninjaing. In Naruto you like the theatrics that character perform, you like the general ''mood'' around the scene. Have you seen a battle where a ninja comes from behind and throws a knife at the Kage and kills him? Lasting for 4 and a half seconds? We are rping Naruto, its an anime. It has the elements movies, where scenes are enhanced with more drama than in real life. You know that? I wasn't reffering specifically to the dialogue, I was talking about those elements that make Naruto Naruto o.o If you throw them out of the window and just watch who will interrupt who first, abusing your opponents every attempt to make the post a little more readable. Because that's what it is. It's a lulzy trap if you actually try to add some drama. Every fight is so boring that it makes me cry. Like I'm reading a physics presentation. I'm not saying I'm any better, because I'm not. On the contrary, that's irrelevant tho. I feel that that's what RPing is about, about good stories. Not about who can onepost more people in a single topic. Just my two cents.

I cant exactly see how someone might be abused for talking during a battle honestly. One thing you may be forgetting however, is Naruto, the series itself, is 1 giant story that follows a single path. When it comes down to RP, people each have their own story and they don't tend to intersect with others stories too much unless it was planned to from the beginning. If the even have a story that is, and I'm not talking about a written history.

A lot of people RP for simply entertainment without any story surrounding them, and tend to simply go with the flow of things. That's ok, but when it comes to a fight, the most they will probably say is "BECAUSE MY KAGE TOLD ME TOOOOOOO" or "BECAUSE THIS IS A CHANCE MEETINNNNGGGG" during a fight. There really isn't much depth story-wise to anything people do to begin with, and most people have their characters built as mindless killing machines once it comes to fighting who feel no remorse or even think twice about taking someones life, hell or even care about who they're fighting, so long as their name can be put on the persons list of names they've killed. Or they completely break off of their characters personality.

Fights are boring because there is a heavy, heavy lack of meaning behind them, as most people simply want to kill the other person and take the reward from the kill. Anything else is usually irrelevant.

But with that said, I cant think of many ways that one could abuse another for talking, unless maybe secretly preparing a silent attack and then use the excuse of "You wouldn't be able to hear it coming over the sound of your own voice" to make it land.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________






Back to top Go down
Hakumei Fuuma
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 55
Age : 24
Village : Konoha
Job/hobbies : Sharpshooter
Bloodline : N/a
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Generic Sealing, D Shadow Shuriken, D Body Flicker, D Chakra supression technique, C Transparent escape technique, B Shadow clone, B Wind release, stream, D Wind release: Great breakthrough, C Wind cutter technique, B QuickDraw Tactical throw Parallax mode Parallax Shuriken
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Wind

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/25/2014, 8:21 pm

Guys. Guys... The dialogue isn't important, it's just something I thought we should encourage-- stop stressing on it.

More importantly, wth are we playing this game for?! I'm expanding on Revy's above post about the reasons behind the game. Right now, it's strictly for battling and instant gratification gains (that feeling you get when you accomplish any short term goal eg: ranking up,learning a new skill, successful interactions etc). But instant gratification can only sustain little kids for a long time, us, not so much-- we eventually require some kind of long term goal to strive for. In games like COD, there's the Kill/Death and Win/loss ratios. In RPGs, there's that final boss. Other games just exist for their addictive gameplay, but a forum based rpg is totally dependent on its users, thus variable gameplay quality; so I believe that it DOES require some kind of long term goals, something that makes the game worth playing. I'm not talking about rewards and bonuses-- those are worthless in my opinion. Neither any individual goals you guys currently have, those are yours! I'm talking about a global achievement that is well known.

For example: how about making a global ranking chart for villages based on variables like military strength, number of Bijuu contained, medical status, number of missions, income, resources etc etc. Because of that simple chart, we change the entire game into something worth doing (in this case, building the most powerful village on the map). So there, more missions, more village rivalry, real reasons for sabotage, all because of one thing. Finally, we could introduce politics to the nations (and give all the Kage some more realistic duties)-- well, that's just one idea, but yeah, long term goals is what I'm getting at.
Back to top Go down
Chinou
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Iwagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/25/2014, 8:54 pm

Could also think on a smaller scale, like introducing the academy. Lot would increase morale amongst members belonging to the same village and would be fun...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[13:41:34] Cut Uchiha : one post, now Raeburn a ghost. BANG BANG

To hell with circumstances, I create opportunities.

#Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin
Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 521
Age : 73
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/26/2014, 4:29 am

Chinou wrote:
Could also think on a smaller scale, like introducing the academy. Lot would increase morale amongst members belonging to the same village and would be fun...

seems decent enough Very Happy

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Lilium

avatar

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Otogakure
Elemental Mastery: None

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 12:46 am

1. General Social Current. (Respect, Common Sense, Etc.)
-- People have no respect for a staff decision and get in a tiffy when something of theirs is ruled against, or something. I understand that a lot of the site is teenagers, but that doesn't mean you have the right to put someone down. For explain, a ruling in Conflict Resolution that was decided by the members of the staff that were not involved in the topic, gets shat on by the people that had a stake in the topic itself, and aren't happy with it. And even if it's not well explained, there has to be a reason, but people aren't respectful enough to not shit all over the person. This isn't just with Conflict Res, although that was the main example off the top of my head, considering how many situations it spawned like that, but stuff with checking times and what not. What happened to common courtesy, to common sense, to more or less common respect? That's a problem that's a major undercurrent within all problems. Doesn't help when staff doesn't have respect either.

Generally, people can, and will be abrasive, and if you get in a tiffy over each time someone's human, then what are you doing on a site that's primarily roleplaying, ie pretending to be someone else via writing for and with other people? People are human, they will make mistakes, it's no use trying to make someone feel like a piece of shit over a decision that could be faulty, might be faulty in your opinion, but could be logically correct for all you know. That's another thing I noticed: people generally try to parade their opinions as absolutes, as laws, when an opinion is subjective, not objective. No, I know that asking everyone to be friends would not only be pointless, but impossible as some personalities don't mesh. Maybe I'm just asking people to be mature to some point, which is also impossible in some cases. Generally, the problem that I see most within the site's structure, is how people treat each other.

The system is one of the better systems I've seen. It's got it's holes, mostly from people abusing them or staff not communicating with each other on certain things. (mainly because it was discouraged and kept getting accused as making favourites and becoming biased.) But then again, no system is perfect. The holes just need someone to walk over, and either punch the offending zombie out of it, or get someone to shoot it and then motar up that hole. But unfortunately, lacking our central site presence often leaves staff to it's own devices, which would be fine on a site where it's been around a year or two, and has a synergy between staff. But a newly reopened site with a new staff that hasn't had a chance to work all together, makes it hard.

On the note of needing more staff, no, there isn't needed to be more staff. We have 9 staff members, 3 admins, 6 mods. I will admit that the admins have a hard job, more then most admins I've seen, but that's small potatoes. Despite me generally being there for my graphic skills, I can also do general site work. Nothing stops me from doing that, as I am at base, an Admin, just like Jushiro or Queen. I just have a specialized job that I am better then the other two in. We have 6 moderators, which should be capable of keeping the site nice and up to date. If stuff isn't getting checked with 6 active moderators, then what are those moderators doing? Also, checking large amounts of things takes time, and most people are immediately impatient and quite rude with demanding checks.

So most staff end up checking those members first, forgetting the ones that were mainly quiet and respectful. For example, my first batch of jutsu took a bit to get checked, whilst about 5-9 other batches were checked before me, despite being newer then my own. (Personally, I try to go from earliest date first, and then work my way up to new things, simply because the older dates have been waiting that much longer. I also try to not step on another mod's toes, since I know personally that is disrespectful for one, and rude for another. Practice what you preach.) But sometimes, we don't. Staff is /human/ just like the members. We're not machines.

I'll end this here for now and now actually try to provide a solution rather then just empty air.

There isn't a concrete solution other then to try and promote respect, self-awareness towards staff members as human beings, and try to make aware the very concept of common sense rules. This would be a long change, a long-term commitment, as getting results immediately probably is impossible unless you start banning the problem childs which doesn't do anything to help. So generally, just trying to promote a healthier atmosphere would be a good thing, despite it not really being a concrete solution, as this issue doesn't have one. :/


2. Character Development
-- As most people, I feel there's a lack of character development on the site, mainly because of people's attitudes towards min-maxing the site's capabilities, and then reoccurring inability to let go of being the combat savvy for more plot oriented purposes. It's quite difficult, like it's been said, to make plots when everyone's throwing death threats left and right. This isn't a system problem, as the reward for true character development should be your own satisfaction, not a material reward which allows you to min-max just because you're not that good at fighting. But rather then a system problem, it's a social problem yet again. Seems that 90% of our problems all relate to our social attitudes, who'dve thunk? (I bet our resident psychologists have field days watching us interact.)

Pardon if I sound sarcastic there, that's not my intend. In any case, it's our whole mentality of having to be the best, competing to be the best killer, nurturing our egos with what we do as good, without realizing how much it's trampling upon others, or just generally a thirst for blood. That's not bad, but the sheer amount of which we do have, despite the rules set in place to help mitigate some of it, is not alright. Either the staff needs to become stricter, which only causes more drama obviously, because it bruises people's self-importance, or people learn to mellow out, which won't happen because that would mean understanding and accepting others, and letting go of our own ego. Which is hard even for the most insecure of people.

Solution wise? Probably not much to be done, other then to try and promote a healthier environment for everyone to participate in, which is decided by each person's attitude. We can't control that as a site unfortunately.


As a final note: most of our problems are people, attitude and situation specific, as our system itself is rather well set up. It's just not being enforced well enough, or people are people and such we develop problems. As such there's not really a change that can be done immediately, but rather each person would have to realize the weight of their own actions, and be capable to admit their own faults, their mistakes, and work with other people towards a resolution. And when this is not possible, to take a step back, a small break, to calm down their emotions and then return when they feel capable of handling the situation.

(This is probably my only post in here, unless something catches my attention, as I will not argue these points, but merely present them for everyone to read and think over. If you agree, that's neat, if you don't, that's neat too. People are okay to have different opinions, but a creed I go by is ''Don't force your view on me, and I will do the same.'' In any case, thank you for reading, have a nice day.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Profile Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Updates
Back to top Go down
Revy
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
avatar

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 77
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Undisputed King of 3 Worlds
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 1:37 am

Lilium wrote:
1. General Social Current. (Respect, Common Sense, Etc.)
-- People have no respect for a staff decision and get in a tiffy when something of theirs is ruled against, or something. I understand that a lot of the site is teenagers, but that doesn't mean you have the right to put someone down. For explain, a ruling in Conflict Resolution that was decided by the members of the staff that were not involved in the topic, gets shat on by the people that had a stake in the topic itself, and aren't happy with it. And even if it's not well explained, there has to be a reason, but people aren't respectful enough to not shit all over the person. This isn't just with Conflict Res, although that was the main example off the top of my head, considering how many situations it spawned like that, but stuff with checking times and what not. What happened to common courtesy, to common sense, to more or less common respect? That's a problem that's a major undercurrent within all problems. Doesn't help when staff doesn't have respect either.

Respect goes to those who've earned respect. It isn't just given because someone is a staff member, but at the same time someone shouldn't disrespect someone just for the sake of it either. Someone makes a retarded ruling or judgement that publicly looks as if it was just a lazy solution that had no thought put into it because it ruined multiple peoples personal stories or whatever? Better get ready for some heavy flak, doesn't matter how much respect you think staff or their rulings should get. Sure, staff are here offering a place for us to RP at, but at the same time members are here to have fun, they make up the community of the site. Something happens they don't like? They're going to not like it, be it quietly, or out loud by saying it. When something gets under the staffs noses and goes on for a while, getting multiple other innocents involved who aren't aware it shouldn't have gotten by, all hell is going to break loose once action is taken and everything they did, or all of their plans have been ruined.

As for checking times, a lot of them are pretty ridiculous. I see like 2 or 3 mods doing ALL of the work, and only 1 admin who's online for at least 2 hours every other day (Jushiro). If the sites checking times are slow due to the staff, the staff are going to take the heat. That's a natural thing for any site, service, game, whatever that offers something that requires their 'professional' sides stamp of approval or notice.


Lilium wrote:

Generally, people can, and will be abrasive, and if you get in a tiffy over each time someone's human, then what are you doing on a site that's primarily roleplaying, ie pretending to be someone else via writing for and with other people? People are human, they will make mistakes, it's no use trying to make someone feel like a piece of shit over a decision that could be faulty, might be faulty in your opinion, but could be logically correct for all you know. That's another thing I noticed: people generally try to parade their opinions as absolutes, as laws, when an opinion is subjective, not objective. No, I know that asking everyone to be friends would not only be pointless, but impossible as some personalities don't mesh. Maybe I'm just asking people to be mature to some point, which is also impossible in some cases. Generally, the problem that I see most within the site's structure, is how people treat each other.

You say here
Lilium wrote:
People are human, they will make mistakes, it's no use trying to make someone feel like a piece of shit over a decision that could be faulty, might be faulty in your opinion, but could be logically correct for all you know.

But then you say
Lilium wrote:
That's another thing I noticed: people generally try to parade their opinions as absolutes, as laws, when an opinion is subjective, not objective.

In your opinion, sure the way a staff member may handle a ruling is fine. But when there's an outburst of members who are upset enough with the opinion to leave the site, clearly your opinion isn't the most favorable one. You're going to get heat for it, especially if that admin is a 'GFX' admin who suddenly decides to step into the area of RP problems and make a ruling on something that has been going on for a while now, and that ruling so happens to be shutting everyone's plans down. Not pointing at anyone in specific of course. I'm just super saiyan, that person is going to get heat. If someone wants to make a ruling for that, or any rulings in general, you gotta be sturdy, don't let people walk on you, and make them realize your ruling is final. Doing that however may cause them to leave, but that's a gamble you have to take sometimes when members are being idiotic. Also, even though I say that, sure some things need to be made final, but what you decide to make final, and what ruling or judgement you make on someone is going to be what determines how the members react towards you and the ruling you made. So get ready for it.

Lilium wrote:

The system is one of the better systems I've seen. It's got it's holes, mostly from people abusing them or staff not communicating with each other on certain things. (mainly because it was discouraged and kept getting accused as making favourites and becoming biased.) But then again, no system is perfect. The holes just need someone to walk over, and either punch the offending zombie out of it, or get someone to shoot it and then motar up that hole. But unfortunately, lacking our central site presence often leaves staff to it's own devices, which would be fine on a site where it's been around a year or two, and has a synergy between staff. But a newly reopened site with a new staff that hasn't had a chance to work all together, makes it hard.

Gonna say 1 thing to this, lack of admins. Admins are meant to guide the moderators and keep all of the staff on the same page. When theres a lack of guidance, staff are on different pages and go off doing things on their own.

Lilium wrote:

On the note of needing more staff, no, there isn't needed to be more staff. We have 9 staff members, 3 admins, 6 mods. I will admit that the admins have a hard job, more then most admins I've seen, but that's small potatoes. Despite me generally being there for my graphic skills, I can also do general site work. Nothing stops me from doing that, as I am at base, an Admin, just like Jushiro or Queen. I just have a specialized job that I am better then the other two in. We have 6 moderators, which should be capable of keeping the site nice and up to date. If stuff isn't getting checked with 6 active moderators, then what are those moderators doing? Also, checking large amounts of things takes time, and most people are immediately impatient and quite rude with demanding checks.

Lulwut? I hope you're not being serious. 2 or 3 of those moderators do EVERYTHING. Nike is nowhere to be found. Jushiro is on for like 2 or 3 hours every other day and doesn't get to everything when he is on. You up and left for god knows why for however long.

Lilium wrote:
and most people are immediately impatient and quite rude with demanding checks

Someone shouldn't have to wait any longer than a day, maybe a day in a half to have something looked at. It's nice though how you suddenly return and make assumptions based on how most of the site is, when you rrreeaalllyy probably don't know what you're talking about. Sure some people are impatient and rude, but those people excluded, there are people whoa re going days without checks. Though I really doubt 'most' is the proper word to put into what you said there, because those who are rude and impatient, from what I've seen since lurking around, which mind you has been for quite some time daily now, make up a very small portion of the people who create things that need approvals.

Lilium wrote:

So most staff end up checking those members first, forgetting the ones that were mainly quiet and respectful. For example, my first batch of jutsu took a bit to get checked, whilst about 5-9 other batches were checked before me, despite being newer then my own. (Personally, I try to go from earliest date first, and then work my way up to new things, simply because the older dates have been waiting that much longer. I also try to not step on another mod's toes, since I know personally that is disrespectful for one, and rude for another. Practice what you preach.) But sometimes, we don't. Staff is /human/ just like the members. We're not machines.

I'll end this here for now and now actually try to provide a solution rather then just empty air.

There isn't a concrete solution other then to try and promote respect, self-awareness towards staff members as human beings, and try to make aware the very concept of common sense rules. This would be a long change, a long-term commitment, as getting results immediately probably is impossible unless you start banning the problem childs which doesn't do anything to help. So generally, just trying to promote a healthier atmosphere would be a good thing, despite it not really being a concrete solution, as this issue doesn't have one. :/

You see the thing here is, why be a staff member if you cant do a capable job? Sure, you're humans just like we all are, but staff are suppose to be at the top of their game. They're humans who understand the advanced end of things and are good at making calls, judgements, understanding the do's and don't of the world they originally created or are monitoring, etc. At least that's how it SHOULD be. Promoting respect is done through everyone doing their jobs. Your view somewhat implies that members simply use staff to check their things, and if it's not checked fast enough they get all angsty and disrespectful. I've yet to see that happen once where it wasn't justified because what they were waiting on didn't take longer than a day or two at most.

Staff are staff for a reason, because they know how to appeal to members, and, the biggest thing here, some don't really believe me when i say this but, HAVE TIME TO ACTUALLY BE ON DAILY AND DO THE JOB THEY APPLIED FOR.

Yes I went there.

Oh shit.

Why the fuck be a staff member if you cant be on to do the job you signed up for? This is directed to half of the staff on this site. I don't give a fuck how human you are and how much of a life you have, if you're busy, why take such important responsibilities that require free time out of your day to get done? You know what happens when a site is filled with staff who are too busy to pay attention to these responsibilities, right? You know what happens when there are staff who are capable of fixing things such as that, but don't because 2 of 3 of them are never on, right?

People lose respect for the staff.


Lilium wrote:

2. Character Development
-- As most people, I feel there's a lack of character development on the site, mainly because of people's attitudes towards min-maxing the site's capabilities, and then reoccurring inability to let go of being the combat savvy for more plot oriented purposes. It's quite difficult, like it's been said, to make plots when everyone's throwing death threats left and right. This isn't a system problem, as the reward for true character development should be your own satisfaction, not a material reward which allows you to min-max just because you're not that good at fighting. But rather then a system problem, it's a social problem yet again. Seems that 90% of our problems all relate to our social attitudes, who'dve thunk? (I bet our resident psychologists have field days watching us interact.)

Pardon if I sound sarcastic there, that's not my intend. In any case, it's our whole mentality of having to be the best, competing to be the best killer, nurturing our egos with what we do as good, without realizing how much it's trampling upon others, or just generally a thirst for blood. That's not bad, but the sheer amount of which we do have, despite the rules set in place to help mitigate some of it, is not alright. Either the staff needs to become stricter, which only causes more drama obviously, because it bruises people's self-importance, or people learn to mellow out, which won't happen because that would mean understanding and accepting others, and letting go of our own ego. Which is hard even for the most insecure of people.

Solution wise? Probably not much to be done, other then to try and promote a healthier environment for everyone to participate in, which is decided by each person's attitude. We can't control that as a site unfortunately.

I partially agree with you here, however I'd like to point out that when you design a site around combat, and even go as far as to rewarding site generating things, alongside the dead persons possessions to the killer, it's going to attract a group of people who enjoy doing nothing but fighting. It will even make people who wish to casually Rp stories realize that there is more to gain from fighting, rather than developing your character. That's just how things work. People like being rewarded, and in an environment that requires you to be rewarded in order to survive as a character, ex. ranking up, new jutsu, new things in general, it's going to make people look to fighting and killing to become stronger and better. it's a kill or be killed world because there is TOO MUCH reward for killing rather than doing anything else. I mean hell people were on the chatbox earlier talking about how they're going to start hunting KKG's down for the DNA. I mean shit, really? Those kinds of people cant be changed, but they can be restricted on their greed. People will always find a way to work within whatever restrictions there are, and will always be greedy idiots when it comes to what they want or have in RP because they couldn't give 2 shits about anyone else. What you do is remove a lot of the benefits they obtain from killing, and add benefits to developing yourself, but only in a certain way. I cant say what that certain way would be, but I've seen development rewarding systems that were so easily abused someone may as well be RP'ing the sage himself.

Lilium wrote:

As a final note: most of our problems are people, attitude and situation specific, as our system itself is rather well set up. It's just not being enforced well enough, or people are people and such we develop problems. As such there's not really a change that can be done immediately, but rather each person would have to realize the weight of their own actions, and be capable to admit their own faults, their mistakes, and work with other people towards a resolution. And when this is not possible, to take a step back, a small break, to calm down their emotions and then return when they feel capable of handling the situation.

(This is probably my only post in here, unless something catches my attention, as I will not argue these points, but merely present them for everyone to read and think over. If you agree, that's neat, if you don't, that's neat too. People are okay to have different opinions, but a creed I go by is ''Don't force your view on me, and I will do the same.'' In any case, thank you for reading, have a nice day.)

I don't mean to turn this personal, but you should probably take this paragraph of advice for yourself. Your entire post is claiming perfection in your own systems, and perfection within your staff, excluding the part where they may not be on the same page. Not only that, but is putting the attitudes of people at fault for the sites problems.

You know where attitudes tend to come from, right? I'm sure I've said this in reply to another bit already, but when something happens that someone tends to not agree with, attitudes are developed. Especially in an environment where a staff member has the ultimate say on anything, and their word is always final. When members opinions aren't taken into thought when making things, judging things, or doing whatever that involves them really, attitudes come to be. I mean if running a site that has no members in the end because you pissed them all off and they all left floats your goat, then so be it.

Just don't expect them to always stay around and put up with things just because you're a staff member. A human, but a human with heavier responsibilities and duty that you signed up for.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________






Back to top Go down
Ryuko Rose
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2014-02-21

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 3:04 am

Quote :
This isn't a system problem, as the reward for true character development should be your own satisfaction, not a material reward which allows you to min-max just because you're not that good at fighting

With all due respect not a system problem my ass. People get handed out HUGE rewards for fighting, especially in the out of character contest torment that's going on which has zero risk since if you die in that it doesn't count in the actual game, and since people are so gung hoe about one posting each other generally speaking those fights get over and done with fast.

So for the aggressive type that loves fighting or someone that has a bit more time on their hands it's easy to do several fights quickly and rack up a bunch of extra np and ryu for very very little effort.

Frick people are even rematching each other just squeeze out a few extra points. I complained about this when it started since the rewards for it seemed grossly high and I wasn't the only one who pointed that out but as usual it went ignored.

Now I'm an older player, one of the oldest on the site at 29. I simply don't have the time to spam fights for loots and xp here since I'm trying to do more important stuff like find a job for myself and I've never really been the very aggressive type anyhow.

Generally speaking I don't go out of my way to attack other people, if you leave me alone usually I'll leave you alone only initiating a fight if it makes sense for my character. The only player character I ever killed in LR was a traitor to our village stirring up trouble during an invasion, so he kind of had it coming.

But you know, If someone did decide to jump me it'd be nice to know I won't be totally fucked over simply because of having less time to farm np. Especially when I put a lot of effort into most of my posts when I have time to make them and don't really get much of anything to show for it in comparison to the fight farmers.
Back to top Go down
Bambi

avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 30
Village : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 3:28 am

Ryuko Rose wrote:

Now I'm an older player, one of the oldest on the site at 29. I simply don't have the time to spam fights for loots and xp here since I'm trying to do more important stuff like find a job for myself and I've never really been the very aggressive type anyhow.

Generally speaking I don't go out of my way to attack other people, if you leave me alone usually I'll leave you alone only initiating a fight if it makes sense for my character. The only player character I ever killed in LR was a traitor to our village stirring up trouble during an invasion, so he kind of had it coming.



_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I am that gadfly which God has attached to the site, and all day long and in all places am always fastening upon you, arousing and persuading and reproaching you.
Back to top Go down
King Kaiju
Kazekage
Kazekage
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 145
Village : Sunagakure
Job/hobbies : Kazekage
Bloodline : Shingantsu
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 4:02 am


_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Hisoka™
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 143
Age : 21
Village : Takigakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 1:59 pm

Liliums reply is proof of whats wrong, why we need more staff, and justifies temps claims that she was only meant to be a gfx admin. Clearly lacking in the producer to consumer (staff to member) communication department. Her reply also shows she didnt read half the shit we said, she simply skimmed, so we are indeed wasting our time with such a topic.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Chinou
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Iwagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 3:07 pm

#Chinou4Admin

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[13:41:34] Cut Uchiha : one post, now Raeburn a ghost. BANG BANG

To hell with circumstances, I create opportunities.

#Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin #Chinou4Admin
Back to top Go down
Jabo
Jounin
Jounin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 47
Village : Takigakure
Bloodline : Hyuuga
Registration date : 2014-03-02

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Takigakure
Elemental Mastery: Suiton and Fuuton

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 3:29 pm

Admins: Jushiro, Nike, Temp
Global Moderators: Tee, Ataku, Brink
Mods: Amatsu, Wolf, Yoshi, Hisoka, and Joker
GFX: Lili

GGNoReGetthemuthafuckinD


_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[19:25:33] Mouse : What do I have to fear?
[19:25:35] Mouse : This is an RP?
[19:25:42] Mouse : If a character dies I make another
[19:25:46] Mouse : and maybe better

[19:13:28] Jabo: Y'all some homo ass niggas
[19:15:18] Tee: Its true

[16:56:54] Mouse : I love you jabo
[16:57:00] Mouse : Just wanted you to know

[16:29:58] EmptyTree : That's the point. We're in RP
[16:30:03] EmptyTree : Things need to be made fair. And make sense

[15:37:59] Jabo : suck revy's futa dick
[15:38:08] Revy : ^
[15:38:12] Revy : Huge futa dick*
[15:38:16] Shumasa : XD
[15:38:27] Slothy : I'll please Nelliana whichever way she wants me to.
[15:38:29] * Twilight Seiker begins sucking
[15:38:31] Twilight Seiker has logged off the chat on


Last edited by Jabo on 4/27/2014, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shumasa
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 64
Village : Kumogakure
Job/hobbies : Ronin
Bloodline : Byakugan
Registration date : 2014-04-16

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Kumogakure
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 3:32 pm

That actually works.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

MISSIONS

Spoiler:
 


Chakra:
 
Back to top Go down
Kouketsu
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2014-03-09

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 5:58 pm

Here's what I think:

These missions turn me off from role playing here. Have you noticed that I went inactive once? Missions. That I don't get on everyday? Missions. That I sit in the chatbox most the time I'm on? Missions. Every time I do a mission I feel like I just wrote my days work LOL. I just don't like the 4/5/6+ post requirement thing. Basically it's a incognegro way of saying word counts. Like 600 words for a d rank kills me. But it's whatever, I'm just putting it out there. Usually I can do 1k words easy, but when doing missions I feel like a load was just dumped on me.

Oh yea, character development is shat on. Lol it's nothing but missions and fighting on this site. Like seriously.
Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 521
Age : 73
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 6:28 pm

The staff has picked up. We will show results soon and all of the issues here presented were set up for discussion in the parli. Thank you for your sugggestions.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Auseptcyin

avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 9:26 pm

Jabo wrote:
Admins: Ausept

ty, ty, pls no, hold your applause

but srsly, one of the first things I feel like staff as a whole needs to do is to....re-evaluate how they view themselves in relation to the site. you're like a government, ideally, you are a fire that keeps us warm, facilitates us to do various things like good food, boil water, make steel, etc.

But if you are not managed properly, and consider yourself above us, then you burn everything. Can't stress this point enough, right now, staff as a whole is very close to consuming its own members as fuel.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[23:28:56] Mona : embrace da sweg, love et, cradel et, keep et warm @ night

Back to top Go down
Taro Mohan

avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2014-04-21

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 9:48 pm

Auseptcyin wrote:
Jabo wrote:
Admins: Ausept

ty, ty, pls no, hold your applause

but srsly, one of the first things I feel like staff as a whole needs to do is to....re-evaluate how they view themselves in relation to the site. you're like a government, ideally, you are a fire that keeps us warm, facilitates us to do various things like good food, boil water, make steel, etc.

But if you are not managed properly, and consider yourself above us, then you burn everything. Can't stress this point enough, right now, staff as a whole is very close to consuming its own members as fuel.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Taro Mohan Update Page
-
170 Chakra Resources (+50 Extra Resources via Skill Purchase)
-
Sunagkaure Genin


Back to top Go down
Revy
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
avatar

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 77
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Undisputed King of 3 Worlds
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/27/2014, 11:32 pm

Auseptcyin wrote:
Jabo wrote:
Admins: Ausept

ty, ty, pls no, hold your applause

but srsly, one of the first things I feel like staff as a whole needs to do is to....re-evaluate how they view themselves in relation to the site. you're like a government, ideally, you are a fire that keeps us warm, facilitates us to do various things like good food, boil water, make steel, etc.

But if you are not managed properly, and consider yourself above us, then you burn everything. Can't stress this point enough, right now, staff as a whole is very close to consuming its own members as fuel.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________






Back to top Go down
Jabo
Jounin
Jounin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 47
Village : Takigakure
Bloodline : Hyuuga
Registration date : 2014-03-02

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Takigakure
Elemental Mastery: Suiton and Fuuton

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/28/2014, 12:47 am

Kouketsu wrote:
Here's what I think:

These missions turn me off from role playing here. Have you noticed that I went inactive once? Missions. That I don't get on everyday? Missions. That I sit in the chatbox most the time I'm on? Missions. Every time I do a mission I feel like I just wrote my days work LOL. I just don't like the 4/5/6+ post requirement thing. Basically it's a incognegro way of saying word counts. Like 600 words for a d rank kills me. But it's whatever, I'm just putting it out there. Usually I can do 1k words easy, but when doing missions I feel like a load was just dumped on me.

Oh yea, character development is shat on. Lol it's nothing but missions and fighting on this site. Like seriously.


My dude those missions are clock work to be completely honest. Word counts are way more straining. They seem like more work and also make some people feel as if they have to put more non-sense in their writing which is never a good thing. 600 words for D-Ranks aren't shit at all shit some sites have 1k for D-Ranks lulz The whole post thing is sort of irrelevant since you could always type it out before hand and sort it into posts. Also, my good Sir there are PC missions where words aren't required so you know those are there too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[19:25:33] Mouse : What do I have to fear?
[19:25:35] Mouse : This is an RP?
[19:25:42] Mouse : If a character dies I make another
[19:25:46] Mouse : and maybe better

[19:13:28] Jabo: Y'all some homo ass niggas
[19:15:18] Tee: Its true

[16:56:54] Mouse : I love you jabo
[16:57:00] Mouse : Just wanted you to know

[16:29:58] EmptyTree : That's the point. We're in RP
[16:30:03] EmptyTree : Things need to be made fair. And make sense

[15:37:59] Jabo : suck revy's futa dick
[15:38:08] Revy : ^
[15:38:12] Revy : Huge futa dick*
[15:38:16] Shumasa : XD
[15:38:27] Slothy : I'll please Nelliana whichever way she wants me to.
[15:38:29] * Twilight Seiker begins sucking
[15:38:31] Twilight Seiker has logged off the chat on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   

Back to top Go down
 
EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Did Someone Say... Ship Destroyer?
» Fighting Feelings (open to Bellatrix or Silas)
» Songs that pop into my head based on my feelings and time of day.
» No Light Left In Your Eyes (Parius)
» Overwhelming feeling of hopelessness.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Naruto RPG :: Archives :: Basket-
Jump to: