HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 
 

 EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tee
Banned
Banned
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 723
Village : Akatsuki
Bloodline : Senju
Registration date : 2014-03-01

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Akatsuki
Elemental Mastery: Doton/Suiton/Mokuton

PostSubject: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/23/2014, 5:59 pm

A lot has been going on as of recently lots of bs and non bs lots of mehness and non mehness, but nonetheless this is actually pretty serious. Obviously things aren't perfect, hell not even half that, however what most people love to forget is this is an rp site to have fuuuuunnnn. And in order to make things better I want to know the opinions of the members of the site who can give me or the site constructive criticism. Don't mistake constructive criticism with ranting and raging because that shant be allowed, simply be civilized and declare your points, what would you want to change? What don't you like about the site or what do you think could be better, this is a place for the members input to be heard as it should. So give all the feedback you want respectfully of the site, the staff, and everything as a whole and I and hopefully the rest of the staff will be able to proactively work with the members to make the site a better place and pull it from the bottom of the well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________


[13:05:33] Kabuke : Tee, I'll give you aalllllllll of meeeeee~
[18:44:35] The End : I like to helicopter dick before sleeping
[19:50:57] @ Lokifur Khaddaoui : [19:50:40] EmptyTree : When you 48 hour someone, do you have to wait 48 hours after your attack?

[19:51:01] @ Lokifur Khaddaoui : wtf kind of question is this
[20:56:49] Jabo : We could have a three way but no teaming up is needed
Back to top Go down
Gekko
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2014-04-14

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/23/2014, 6:02 pm

#Joker4Admin

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Shumasa
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 64
Village : Kumogakure
Job/hobbies : Ronin
Bloodline : Byakugan
Registration date : 2014-04-16

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Kumogakure
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/23/2014, 7:51 pm

I honestly wish that people would have more mods and admins. Some of the stuff (Including my things) Has been sitting for a bit. Though, I will gladly help if asked. So, why not try to have a more organized following of Mods in easier to find areas. It would mean shifting some of the topics and things around a tiny bit but it WOULD make things a bit easier.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

MISSIONS

Spoiler:
 


Chakra:
 
Back to top Go down
Bambi

avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 30
Village : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2014-02-08

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/23/2014, 7:57 pm



A metaphor for my advice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I am that gadfly which God has attached to the site, and all day long and in all places am always fastening upon you, arousing and persuading and reproaching you.
Back to top Go down
Revy
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
avatar

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 77
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Undisputed King of 3 Worlds
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/23/2014, 9:13 pm

Heres my fiddy centz. I'm sure it wont be taken seriously but ohwell yoloswag4/23-3=20blazeitthuglyfe1+1=thugyoungmoney

-More admins. 1 isn't enough. I say 1 because Nikes usually in Narnia fighting dragons and Lili is a 'GFX' admin. Jushiro is the only appropriately assigned admin for doing the 1 thing Admins need to be doing the most. Which should be guiding the moderators, and doing things they're unable to do.

- Less chatbox strict mods who like to create walls for discussion instead of simply stepping in when needed to enforce a rule when things get out of hand. Just because the mod doesn't like something doesn't mean the entire chatbox should be prohibited from further discussing it so long as it's nothing overly offensive like racism or bothersome to the chatbox overall some shit. Also, it should be a requirement for all staff to give some form of countdown before clearing the chatbox. Just because someone posts an image without a spoiler, even if by accident, justifies a chatbox clear, sure whatever. But by immediately clearing it, that disrupts the conversation others are having. Sure, enforce the rules, but be weary of those around you who are innocent and are simply enjoying their time talking to one another. If you were in a war as a good guy, you'd think of minimizing casualties, would you not? It's the same damn thing.

[01:34:20] Twilight Seiker : [19:12:34] Hisoka™ : [22:10:13] Gekko : [22:08:29] Twilight Seiker : [19:03:22] Gekko : [21:52:34] Shumasa : [21:47:13] Revy : [21:46:18] Shumasa : [21:46:04] Revy : [21:45:48] Shumasa : [21:45:27] Revy : [21:45:16] Shumasa : [21:45:00] Revy : [21:44:44] Shumasa : [21:44:31] La Volpe : [20:44:10] Revy : [21:42:50] Shumasa : [21:42:12] La Volpe : or he was fapping to conflict res threads

^

-More staff overall who check things and what not, I've been seeing people complaining about their stuff going unchecked for days.

-Every single staff, Idgaf who you are, should be doing something daily. If you don't got the time to do staff work for a few hours a day (Excluding here and there of course, so long as you're active overall), step down and give it to someone who does. That includes the webmaster. (Just my fiddy cents. It's ok to have a life, but when your life gets in the way of doing the job you signed up to do, there's a problem. Don't be a staff member if you don't have the time for it)

- Hmmm.. Something about stupid decisions from the staff as well? Honestly, if you allow something to slip past you, and it's being utilized and isn't something like a ridiculously overpowered Jutsu that can pose as an immediate threat to anyone who engages in combat with the person with it, it should be handled a certain way. The thing with Tree's clone for example. Yea, sure, the ruling was justified, however because you let it by to begin with and allowed it to get deep into RP, by suddenly just voiding it all, it screwed up some peoples plans and personal stories. Even if the ruling was just, there are much, much better ways to handle something like that which keeps everyone happy. After all, it's no one else's fault other than your own, and the person who started it. When outsiders get involved however, the blame is on your ruling. That's the blame you agree to take when becoming staff and not having a watchful eye over what goes on.

(Just my fiddy centsz on dat as well, course idgaf really)

If I can think of more I'll post it later.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________








Last edited by Revy on 4/24/2014, 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hisoka™
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 143
Age : 21
Village : Takigakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/23/2014, 10:10 pm

Mkay the main issue is that staff dun communicate. And this isn't an unjustified accusation, it is simple fact. Several staffers say they do not talk about much, which first became an issue when certain jutsu were being approved and then being unapproved as it should have never been approved to begin with. Now, this does not fall on the person who approved it to begin with, it falls on the higher ups for not setting guidelines and explaining what is acceptable to the new mods. I'm making no attempt to attack anyone here, but with Tempy gone now we've 3 admins;
Queen, who aint so active, Juicy, who aint always so attentive on the chat though he usually is willing to answer questions if people ask. And Lili, which as I've heard was only giving adminship for GFX purposes, now she's moved on to making conflict rulings and everything. I dunno whats up with that, but anyways ill stop rambling and make it all nice and point like now.

1. Staff communication, yall need to communicate yo, on everything a lot more and half the problems would resolve themselves. However, when mods need guidance they look to admins. Which we have to few of. So an extra admin or two would not be too bad. Communicating more would fix most conflict over what should be approved and what shouldn't. Another thing I'm confused about is how the staff is chosen? I figured it would be left up to the admins, but this worried me earlier:

Quote :
[3:50:42 PM] Juicy: Lol
[3:50:51 PM] Juicy: I have heard nothing of the new applicants
[3:51:04 PM] Juicy: Quite frankly, I tend to log on and see new staffers.
[3:51:09 PM] Juicy: Hardly any consultation.


Which would leave one to assume Queen makes these decisions, but regardless of who chooses consultation should be made. We dont need staffers who have no clue what they're doing, especially when the "veteran" staffers wont take the time out to give some basic guidelines on what to do.

2. The jutsu thing, staff communication could fix this, but another way to avoid OP things getting passed is requiring two approvals on all customs, which of course would require more people willing to check customs or anything really. Main people I see approving things are Tee and Ataku. Not saying none of the others approve things, but they dont nearly as much as those two. But yeah, More eyes on one jutsu and such could easily stop the problem of certain things slipping by.

3. These most recent conflict decisions are retarded. Voiding an entire topic shows laziness and the inability to understand the actual situation, which is obviously bad. Topics should only be voided under extreme circumstances. Not over a simple combat argument.

Well I'll stop there for now cuz I had a lot more to say but zanny bars be making niggas forget.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 521
Age : 73
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 5:31 am

Does the site have problems? Sure, this thread is the proof so there is really no reason to deny it. There are mutliple problems, but nothing unfixable really we just have to identify all of them and solve them, and this is a good way so props to Mr. T. We should be all honest here and be direct with our messages because that's the best way to go down. After reading all your posts here, I come to relize that the main problem lies in staff communication, that is true.

We indeed do lack communication but that only comes from the lack of organization. How can it be improved? In my opinion, we lack a leader figure since Queen is not all that around. There are multiple examples of parli discussions, where we mods + admins discuss a certain problem and suggest some solutions, point out flaws in suggestions and then we wait for the words from the WM, but we don't get anything and we just get stuck with a problem discussing thread that just identified the problem and slipped under the radar later, forgotten. I don't really want to name specific cases because that is completely irrelevant to the subject. If Queen is unable to to effectively run the site for now I don't think he should step down from his position because the amount of work he did in order for this site to be started is unmeasuarable. Maybe he appoints someone as the ''acting'' WM until he finds more time for the site. That would  be indeed helpful for the site because someone would be able to point the staff in the right direction. Of course the ''acting'' WM would be someone who is constantly active and is capable of making hard decisions. Now when I say active, I don't mean ''he checks a lot of jutsus or updates'', I mean that he's around the site a lot and is good enough to make unbiased decisions and solve conflicts with. Besides the acting WM, another admin would help aswell and maybe one or two mods. I also feel that these positions should be given to people after discussion not after Queen decides who deserves the position because that would just deepen the problem named ''lack of communication''.

About the conflict decisions, I agree with Hisoka. The last conflicts were solved really poorly and were only burried under the rug without satisfying anyone. We should leave it as it is now, tho. What is done is done but this can be our school for future cases that will come and we should follow this golden rule:

Quote :
Topics should only be voided under extreme circumstances. Not over a simple combat argument.

We also had some problems with the jutsu approvals since soe of the ''OP'' jutsus managed to slip under the radar which caused several chatbox arguements. Again, as Hisoka said this problem can be solved through simple communication. We have a couple of threads concerning jutsus that are waiting in the parli for the final say so we could finally reach a decision about them. Also, I think it's a cool idea what Jushiro once suggested to me is that we should limit the amount of customs one can submit. It was two or three, I don't remember but that way things would be a lot easier to check. Everyones gets discouraged when they see 10 jutsus waiting for a stamp so those naturally sit a while longed in the pending area. That should help our organization.

However there is one problem that I feel no one has exactly named. What has RPing turned into? I mean lets be fair, battles are really popular on this site and character development is shat upon. I feel that the majority of site (including me) has forgotten what real RPing is, what its true value is. I mean, our characters don't feel, or characters don't develop their personalities. They only react differently if it somehow benefits them ICly. Lets not even forget about all the OOC heat between people who are threatening each other ICly. Come on guys, lets get back on the right track. I suggest that we install some kind of char. development system. I don't give a flying fuck if we used it on LR, this site needs it or we can just simply delete all the Lands and nations and just leave the contest/spar subforum cause honestly what's the difference?

I could write on and on about the site problems but these are just the ones that are most important and that should be fixed ASAP. I don't know if this topic will start something but I certainly hope it will. Members, your suggestions/thoughts are appreciated so if you have something to say I would ask you to post it up here. Thank you~

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Aiko Yuuko

avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 21
Age : 25
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Amegakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 7:35 am

Even though I am brand new to this site I guess I will throw my two cents out there and expect it to be completely ignored. I have kind of been sitting on the sidelines for a couple days now and have been watching a lot of the disputes that have been happening between characters, rulings, and much to my dismay members. There is hardly an ounce of respect going around between people who have been having a lot of problems of sorts and with the decisions they make, including leaving the site as a whole, and people responding in such ways that are both repulsive and disgusting. I have been on the role-playing scene for quite a long time and I, first hand, have witnessed changes to the community that are both good and bad.

There are so many rulings that I can disagree with that I have never witness being implemented. Yes in a way that's what makes this site unique and I can understand that. However, rules and regulations that generally upset a large group of members need to be checked again, and that includes rules such as the "48 Hours" and ones including the death of characters. I also understand that fighting is a HUGE part of the site as a whole since it was both designed to be so and the setting is heavily influenced with fights. At the same time, like The Big Bad had said, character development should be as big as fighting is. Real role-playing isn't about who has the best character and who can brag about who can kill who... That's what most video games are designed too do and in my opinion role-playing shouldn't be played like a game. It's about expanding your creativity, imagination, and freedom to express yourself in ways you might not be able too at home.

However what if someones freedom is simply swept away in an instance? I know there are rulings specifically against the "48 Hour" rule from instant-killing another character...but it seems that kind of stuff still happens anyways. I know for a fact that if I spend hours perfecting a character idea and have that taken away from me with no hope of salvation I would be quite upset with the outcome.

I don't see people playing this out like a role-playing site should. I see more game-like attributes like stated earlier. I could literally spend an entire day sitting at my computer pumping out NPC missions until my character was so stacked with NP points I was ruler of the entire world. Without any method of controlling how much time passes not only for the entire site, but for each individual character on this site, I see it being a bit out of hand. I know I can name some characters who could easily outmatch most of the characters on here...and the sad thing is they don't even have to have any role-playing skills to do it because of how tied in the game-like attributes are.

Anyways, I have much more to say on the matter, but I don't feel like spending any more time on the subject. It's obvious that some things need to change but in the end it will all be up to only the Admins and Mods. ^-^

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Depore

avatar

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 203
Village : SUNA
Job/hobbies : ???
Bloodline : -NIL-
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 7:49 am

The Big Bad wrote:
I mean lets be fair, battles are really popular on this site and character development is shat upon.

I love you.

We should have a sub group, so that we know who prefers CD around these parts.

Aiko Yuuko wrote:
I know for a fact that if I spend hours perfecting a character idea and have that taken away from me with no hope of salvation I would be quite upset with the outcome.

When i happened to mention that, i was, in a paraphrased manner, told to take it like a man.

There are a few really abrasive people around these parts. Honestly, what i thought was surprising was that at least one of the kage levels around here appears to be like that, though i have only seen his ooc posts a few times and so the judgement is quite flawed.
Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 521
Age : 73
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 7:56 am

Not at all, Aiko (funny that was the name of my main for quite some time :3). Member opinions are greatly appreciated and you should feel free to speak your mind. Also I agree on most of your points. It is really funny how everyones character is capable of killing without any remorse, without any second thought. Everyone is ready to kill without even thinking about any other options if the reward is good enough.

So how are we supposed to fix that problem? As I've said, we need a development system with unique rewards that will somehow encourage our players to rp for development not for ''I want power''. I have another suggestion in mind. We could update the character creation template, specifically the personality part where we add certain guidelines/questions that will result in ''deeper'' characters. I mean, anyone can write 500 words about his characters persona without giving any sort of hint how his character would react in this/that situation. I know, it's unreasonable to have everything preset, but it doesn't have to be that way. Mods/admins can pay more attention to the personality part and be more strict about it. Lets even add it to the rules.

Quote :
Your character has to have a fucking personality. ''He is sarcastic'' isn't his whole personality.

Tho, rules/boundaries/morals cover that to a certain extent but as we can all see it had no results. So yah, lets get to work and try to fix this shit before it's too late because honestly if this continue we're literally only gonna need the sparring subforum in a month or two. It's getting out of hand.

tl;dr Deeper personality = deeper characters = more authentic rping = better rping = better site

Thoughts?Opinionz?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Aiko Yuuko

avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 21
Age : 25
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Amegakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 8:04 am

Depore wrote:
When i happened to mention that, i was, in a paraphrased manner, told to take it like a man.

There are a few really abrasive people around these parts. Honestly, what i thought was surprising was that at least one of the kage levels around here appears to be like that, though i have only seen his ooc posts a few times and so the judgement is quite flawed.

I think it's the abrasiveness of those few that might turn a lot of a friendly faces sour. "Take it like a man." That is the kind of junk respect I was talking about... People should be considerate of each other and the feelings that might come from killing their character, you know? Some people are very, very passionate about their characters and attempting to make a great story out of their adventures. Yet how is that ever going to happen if you're jumped on by other members and that character killed? Where's the fun in that?

I at least remember there being a rule stating that the "Death of a character can only result in the two parties agreeing on said character's death." What the hell ever happened to that?

The Big Bad wrote:
So how are we supposed to fix that problem? As I've said, we need a development system with unique rewards that will somehow encourage our players to rp for development not for ''I want power''. I have another suggestion in mind. We could update the character creation template, specifically the personality part where we add certain guidelines/questions that will result in ''deeper'' characters. I mean, anyone can write 500 words about his characters persona without giving any sort of hint how his character would react in this/that situation. I know, it's unreasonable to have everything preset, but it doesn't have to be that way. Mods/admins can pay more attention to the personality part and be more strict about it. Lets even add it to the rules.

I think looking deeper into a character's personality will result in some changes but not all. At any given moment a member, if they suddenly want to become a mass murdering machine, can just type of a story of some tragic event and suddenly just be able to kill. I know for a FACT that most Genin would never be able to be able to just kill someone without that hesitation that even Sasuke (I think it was Sasuke?) showed quite early in the show. Some of them, yeah sure, especially if they come from a village such as Kirigakure (yet that might be different for this site because of the timeline). It comes down to having to ask is there ANY village that holds strong morals such as Konoha in the Naruto series? Or are most of their members insane murderers too?

But in the end I agree with you. A deeper personality (and HOPING the member plays to said personality) should result in better characters and better character development. Perhaps a change of the template is needed to include deeper details? That would stop (hopefully) any future sources of these problems.

(P.S. Fuck me and any spelling mistakes. It's six in the morning where I am at lol.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 521
Age : 73
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 8:10 am

The rant must go on...

One thing I wanted to add but I forgot. I've been thinking about altering the battle rules a bit so it could increase the quality of rping (better stories and whatnot).

I've had several ideas in my mind but I'm just gonna post up general directions where my idea is heading so I could see the member reaction. Pls, do not hesitate to share your opinions. They are greatly appreciated. I can't stress this enough.

You know how in Naruto, during the fights people have all them cool speechez and shit. Well, I want that and I want it protected by the rules. What happens here if you make a speech during the battle? You get interrupted and every single detail gets micromanaged and you end up dead just cause you wanted to write out something cool. Tough luck, huh? But lemme ask you this, has someone ever died in Naruto cause they made a speech? Nuh uh, that's what makes the battles interesting. Their struggle, their thoughts, the taunts and everything.

Well if we protect them speeches (we shouldn't stop here tho, other teatrics should be also protected) we can avoid that. I'm not talking here that ''speech time'' is ''peace time'' or a loading screen. They can still be interrupted because we can't force you with the rules to listen to other people ICly, that would be silly. But you can use someone elses speech as a winning token and abuse the fuck out of it.

Sure there are certain issues that come with this, such as genjutsu users that use ''push to talk'' genjutsu methods, or people that will use their speeches as a safe zone or whatnot. But we are the staff, we should make guidelines and use common sense when judging these kind of situations.

This is just the start and a general direction, a mere proposal. This is not the only change I'm willing to propose, it just simbolizes the main idea. I hope I explained this correctly and if you failed to understand something I would gladly further clarify.

More opinionz.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 521
Age : 73
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 8:13 am

Aiko Yuuko wrote:


I think looking deeper into a character's personality will result in some changes but not all. At any given moment a member, if they suddenly want to become a mass murdering machine, can just type of a story of some tragic event and suddenly just be able to kill. I know for a FACT that most Genin would never be able to be able to just kill someone without that hesitation that even Sasuke (I think it was Sasuke?) showed quite early in the show. Some of them, yeah sure, especially if they come from a village such as Kirigakure (yet that might be different for this site because of the timeline). It comes down to having to ask is there ANY village that holds strong morals such as Konoha in the Naruto series? Or are most of their members insane murderers too?

But in the end I agree with you. A deeper personality (and HOPING the member plays to said personality) should result in better characters and better character development. Perhaps a change of the template is needed to include deeper details? That would stop (hopefully) any future sources of these problems.

(P.S. Fuck me and any spelling mistakes. It's six in the morning where I am at lol.)

There are solutions to these problems. We don't allow serious character development without any other PC characters involved. i.e. You can't rp the death of your mother and turn into a killing machine. Sure you are allowed to write out your mother deaths and it can have an impact on you but we should leave it at staff's disgression if it was played out nice and fairly.

Fuck, lets do the personality updates subforum. Register every change and it needs to get approved. This is where we can implement rewards aswell. That's also a part of the solution. I like the discussion, I like the way this is heading. Pls continue.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Aiko Yuuko

avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 21
Age : 25
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Amegakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 8:15 am

The Big Bad wrote:
The rant must go on...

One thing I wanted to add but I forgot. I've been thinking about altering the battle rules a bit so it could increase the quality of rping (better stories and whatnot).

I've had several ideas in my mind but I'm just gonna post up general directions where my idea is heading so I could see the member reaction. Pls, do not hesitate to share your opinions. They are greatly appreciated. I can't stress this enough.

You know how in Naruto, during the fights people have all them cool speechez and shit. Well, I want that and I want it protected by the rules. What happens here if you make a speech during the battle? You get interrupted and every single detail gets micromanaged and you end up dead just cause you wanted to write out something cool. Tough luck, huh? But lemme ask you this, has someone ever died in Naruto cause they made a speech? Nuh uh, that's what makes the battles interesting. Their struggle, their thoughts, the taunts and everything.

Well if we protect them speeches (we shouldn't stop here tho, other teatrics should be also protected) we can avoid that. I'm not talking here that ''speech time'' is ''peace time'' or a loading screen. They can still be interrupted because we can't force you with the rules to listen to other people ICly, that would be silly. But you can use someone elses speech as a winning token and abuse the fuck out of it.

Sure there are certain issues that come with this, such as genjutsu users that use ''push to talk'' genjutsu methods, or people that will use their speeches as a safe zone or whatnot. But we are the staff, we should make guidelines and use common sense when judging these kind of situations.

This is just the start and a general direction, a mere proposal. This is not the only change I'm willing to propose, it just simbolizes the main idea. I hope I explained this correctly and if you failed to understand something I would gladly further clarify.

More opinionz.

I like that idea. Yet most people might argue that the only reason they let it happen in Naruto is because for some god-awful reason the villains LET you do it, ha ha. But some serious changes to the combat rules are definitely encouraged by me. So far all I have seen is a lot of, like you said, micromanaged posts that end up being uneventful and boring. I honestly feel like the only reason some people fight on the site is just reap the outside rewards (like NP).

In fact...wouldn't that be considered a form of meta-gaming? People who are jumping around killing people just for the points...it's using outside information that your character obviously shouldn't know as fueling to be someone he isn't. @_@

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 521
Age : 73
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 8:21 am

It's a normal reaction lol. That was to be expected. If you only offer rewards for killing and you ignore character development it's quite obvious towards which angle the mass will lean on. We have to create a balance. With our systems we're basically saying:''we encourage killing.'' That has to be stopped and changed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Aiko Yuuko

avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 21
Age : 25
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Amegakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 8:25 am

Wow...I guess I never noticed that the system planted right now encourages killing. @-@ That's a bit of a shocker, actually. I've always come from such passive sites compared to this one and that includes my own from a year ago. I can say positively that a lot of changes certainly do need to be made.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Depore

avatar

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 203
Village : SUNA
Job/hobbies : ???
Bloodline : -NIL-
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 9:07 am

The Big Bad wrote:
It's a normal reaction lol. That was to be expected. If you only offer rewards for killing and you ignore character development it's quite obvious towards which angle the mass will lean on. We have to create a balance. With our systems we're basically saying:''we encourage killing.'' That has to be stopped and changed.

Aiko Yuuko wrote:
Wow...I guess I never noticed that the system planted right now encourages killing. @-@ That's a bit of a shocker, actually. I've always come from such passive sites compared to this one and that includes my own from a year ago. I can say positively that a lot of changes certainly do need to be made.

I am reasonably certain that somewhere in the rules there is mention that this kind of obvious kill for points meta gaming was not allowed. Now, whether or not it has any overt effect... heh.

On a side note, a personality updates thread is way extreme, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Aiko Yuuko

avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 21
Age : 25
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Amegakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 9:24 am

Depore wrote:
I am reasonably certain that somewhere in the rules there is mention that this kind of obvious kill for points meta gaming was not allowed. Now, whether or not it has any overt effect... heh.

On a side note, a personality updates thread is way extreme, don't you think?

I would feel safe about placing a bet down that there is a rule against meta-gaming in such a way. I mean there IS a rule about meta-gaming, period. Yet the fact that remains is that many of the people on the site view this more like a game then a role-play. They aren't in it to make a story, they are in it to win and that's that. We call it meta-gaming but they see it as simply as racking up points to upgrade their characters which is...beyond insane too me. To the point that if you want people to begin taking the site more seriously as an actual role-playing site and not a game, the entire NP system should be thrown out the window (which obviously would never happen because too many members like it and I'm not really saying it's bad either).

...but yeah an entire personality update would be a challenge to do. Not in the sense for future members, no, that wouldn't be hard, but for any of the current members who have already finished their characters. Each person would have to go back and begin either writing a new personality or change details about their current one. With the number of characters on this site...that would take a long, long time.

Instead of a reward system based on personalities, maybe there should be one based around specific life goals? That would mean the rewards would have to be OUTRAGEOUSLY generous but in the time it would take to complete a goal (such as, let's say, restoring a clan to power...or creating your own village) would be so immense it would not only add to the story of the character the the site but take up so much time compared to doing a mass amount of NPC missions.

Just a thought.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Revy
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
avatar

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 77
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Undisputed King of 3 Worlds
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 9:47 am

Just putting this out there, if you introduce some type of rewards for character development beside the rewards for killing, it's only going to give people more reason to kill, and develop from it, unless you put some 1000lb restrictions in the way, yet even then with the way things are as they are now I doubt those restrictions would even be made correctly, or be payed attention to.

LR had a system that did exactly that, and it failed in just about every way. People developed their character in circles just for the rewards, and killed alongside it for the rewards from killing.

I'm just super saiyan.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________






Back to top Go down
Tee
Banned
Banned
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 723
Village : Akatsuki
Bloodline : Senju
Registration date : 2014-03-01

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Akatsuki
Elemental Mastery: Doton/Suiton/Mokuton

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 9:57 am

Quote :
I would feel safe about placing a bet down that there is a rule against meta-gaming in such a way. I mean there IS a rule about meta-gaming, period. Yet the fact that remains is that many of the people on the site view this more like a game then a role-play. They aren't in it to make a story, they are in it to win and that's that. We call it meta-gaming but they see it as simply as racking up points to upgrade their characters which is...beyond insane too me. To the point that if you want people to begin taking the site more seriously as an actual role-playing site and not a game, the entire NP system should be thrown out the window (which obviously would never happen because too many members like it and I'm not really saying it's bad either).

...but yeah an entire personality update would be a challenge to do. Not in the sense for future members, no, that wouldn't be hard, but for any of the current members who have already finished their characters. Each person would have to go back and begin either writing a new personality or change details about their current one. With the number of characters on this site...that would take a long, long time.

Instead of a reward system based on personalities, maybe there should be one based around specific life goals? That would mean the rewards would have to be OUTRAGEOUSLY generous but in the time it would take to complete a goal (such as, let's say, restoring a clan to power...or creating your own village) would be so immense it would not only add to the story of the character the the site but take up so much time compared to doing a mass amount of NPC missions.

Just a thought.

Although this sounds like a good idea people love to bullshit things, weather its something they were born with at birth idk but somebody somewhere will ALWAYS find a way to b.s these goals, making a village unless we make specific prerequisites to each and every goal this will be pretty much obsolete. A character dev system was implemented on LR and that only resulted in people bs Ing topics to get the given rewards. You guys seem to want to reward people for things they should already be doing and adding more work to things that people already aren't doing nor want to do. So as opposed to giving people rewards for dev there should be punishments for doing things out of spite and w/o ooc dev and that to me would just as well promote char dev more so if not better than any other way. Most people are out to make their character the best it can be and power play and if there is a punishment system these people will be afraid to lose their power played items and do things the correct way.



Quote :
There are solutions to these problems. We don't allow serious character development without any other PC characters involved. i.e. You can't rp the death of your mother and turn into a killing machine. Sure you are allowed to write out your mother deaths and it can have an impact on you but we should leave it at staff's disgression if it was played out nice and fairly.

Fuck, lets do the personality updates subforum. Register every change and it needs to get approved. This is where we can implement rewards aswell. That's also a part of the solution. I like the discussion, I like the way this is heading. Pls continue.
We shouldn't have to monitor every bodies every detail of their character instead with the punishment system or works better and of they need to be called out the person should be able to link their char dev or it should be findable and valid if not the punishment would be implemted easy simple, little work involved.


_____________________________________________________________________________________________


[13:05:33] Kabuke : Tee, I'll give you aalllllllll of meeeeee~
[18:44:35] The End : I like to helicopter dick before sleeping
[19:50:57] @ Lokifur Khaddaoui : [19:50:40] EmptyTree : When you 48 hour someone, do you have to wait 48 hours after your attack?

[19:51:01] @ Lokifur Khaddaoui : wtf kind of question is this
[20:56:49] Jabo : We could have a three way but no teaming up is needed
Back to top Go down
Hisoka™
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 143
Age : 21
Village : Takigakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 10:15 am

I like the way this is going but im tired and sleepy so I'll finish reading up later. But, Another thing since i just mentioned it in another topic.. This whole taking away everyone's ability to edit because certain ppl were editing customs after approval and what not, is again showing laziness and lack of organization. Now we must repost shit when we need to edit changes, which is gonna make approval threads messy and ugly very quickly. Now why do i say this shows laziness and lack of organization? Cuz the only thing required to fix such is quoting as you approve. Then there's no need to take away the editing permission, and no one would be able to change things after approval.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Aiko Yuuko

avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 21
Age : 25
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Amegakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 10:18 am

Tee wrote:
Although this sounds like a good idea people love to bullshit things, weather its something they were born with at birth idk but somebody somewhere will ALWAYS find a way to b.s these goals, making a village unless we make specific prerequisites to each and every goal this will be pretty much obsolete. A character dev system was implemented on LR and that only resulted in people bs Ing topics to get the given rewards. You guys seem to want to reward people for things they should already be doing and adding more work to things that people already aren't doing nor want to do. So as opposed to giving people rewards for dev there should be punishments for doing things out of spite and w/o ooc dev and that to me would just as well promote char dev more so if not better than any other way. Most people are out to make their character the best it can be and power play and if there is a punishment system these people will be afraid to lose their power played items and do things the correct way.

You say that people will bullshit the topics around so they can gain their rewards faster then they probably should be receiving them, but that's why the moderators or admins should be watching these goals very, very closely. Giving punishment for people who go against their character's personalities just so they can reap more rewards (such as killing another character, etc) sounds just as good. However, as Big Bad mentioned much earlier, it doesn't do much for character development and it ruins the fun of what role-playing should be about, which is writing a story. When I say goal-orientated rewards I am purely speaking of life changing events, not just "get revenge of my mother's death by killing x amount of bandits". They would be limited to two, maybe three, goals. Even after completing said goals they would get no-more. An idea of maybe even taking away any NP rewards for killing another character should be considered too. That way the only possible reason for killing PCs is to gain more powers/jutsu/loot (IF you have the proper technique/knowledge to do so).

Again I am just throwing my two cents in. I've been around the role-playing world (especially Naruto sites) for awhile and I have seen what works and what doesn't. Now a goal-based reward system is, literally, no different then the missions that are set up right now, the goals would just be extremely hard to accomplish, which gives more of a reason for characters to develop as people, instead of just being a tool. You say that people can bullshit topics all the time too gain whatever rewards they wish but this site is ALREADY DOING IT. I can spam mission topics all god-damned day and take in all the sweet, sweet NP for doing so. I can be a Genin running around with almost crap ton of NP that I, in all honesty, shouldn't have because it just seems wrong. Though I do know that there are limits on how many missions you can do, but still, I think you catch my drift.

Though the idea of people creating their own villages as a goal was just an idea, nothing set in stone, but if something like that was implemented (which I wouldn't complain about) there would have to be prerequistes made by the Staff (and the Staff alone) to follow before the goal can be considered "complete". It'd be hard to work out at first but all the details would fall into place, I think, pretty simply. And even after they thought they were done they would have to have the Staff triple/quadruple check the entirety of the work before anything was approved.

(Again...any spelling errors I certainly apologize for. It's now 8 and I should be asleep.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
The Big Bad
Genin
Genin
avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 521
Age : 73
Village : Sandy Vagina
Bloodline : Tofu
Registration date : 2014-02-05

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Sunagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 10:22 am

If you have a punishment system you're basically monitoring the same thing just with different results. Instead of rewarding people who did char dev, you propose to punish people who try to act out of their character. How is that any less work? You're basically monitoring again because you actually have to check if the person went out of line and how are you gonna do that if you don't check ones personality + their developmental IC posts?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Aiko Yuuko

avatar

Gender : Male
Number of posts : 21
Age : 25
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Amegakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 10:27 am

Hisoka™ wrote:
I like the way this is going but im tired and sleepy so I'll finish reading up later. But, Another thing since i just mentioned it in another topic.. This whole taking away everyone's ability to edit because certain ppl were editing customs after approval and what not, is again showing laziness and lack of organization. Now we must repost shit when we need to edit changes, which is gonna make approval threads messy and ugly very quickly. Now why do i say this shows laziness and lack of organization? Cuz the only thing required to fix such is quoting as you approve. Then there's no need to take away the editing permission, and no one would be able to change things after approval.

I am pretty sure that the edit button was disabled for just those certain topics which I completely agree with. It lowers the chance of people going back to their already accepted techniques and editing whatever little details they want to add in. Now if you mess up and can't edit, say, a new jutsu before it has been accepted, I can see how that would be a bit annoying.

The Big Bad wrote:
If you have a punishment system you're basically monitoring the same thing just with different results. Instead of rewarding people who did char dev, you propose to punish people who try to act out of their character. How is that any less work? You're basically monitoring again because you actually have to check if the person went out of line and how are you gonna do that if you don't check ones personality + their developmental IC posts?

Wait, is this a discussion about the amount of work that would have to be done by the staff and that's why some things won't be changed? Because if so...that's not even a debate. Any staff member should be ready to put the member's needs before their own, they hold off any role-playing until at LEAST some work has been done. You guys are here for us, not for just yourselves. If the workload is too much, you get more moderators and admins. I know it's not really in your guy's power to do so but...that's what has to be done if that's the case.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Revy
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
avatar

Gender : Female
Number of posts : 77
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Undisputed King of 3 Worlds
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   4/24/2014, 10:33 am

Honestly in my opinion you shouldn't be allowed to take someones Jutsu when you kill them, even fi you have the proper technique to do so. You should only be able to take stuff liek what equipment they currently have on them, and their KKG/money/whatever at most.

There should be some respect for what people create themselves, whether or not it was good enough to keep them alive. They made it, it should belong to them even after death. Killing shouldn't suddenly void any possession over things you have simply like that, because then it turns into who can kill who and take their shit first, which is basically what it is right now.

If you're killed simply out of spite and for retarded reasons and the kill is allowed, you should be able to say no to certain things going to your killer. If you were killed on proper grounds that wasn't some bullshit greed crap then you can work out a deal with the person. If not then oh well, you killed them, you claimed your site-given reward, move on, thats all there should be to it.

Just my opinion.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________






Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS   

Back to top Go down
 
EXPLAIN THE FEELINGS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Did Someone Say... Ship Destroyer?
» Fighting Feelings (open to Bellatrix or Silas)
» Songs that pop into my head based on my feelings and time of day.
» No Light Left In Your Eyes (Parius)
» Arthur Food Named After Your Favorite Characters and Explain The Food?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Naruto RPG :: Archives :: Basket-
Jump to: