HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 

Standardised colors for ALL OF OUR TEXTINGZ!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 434
Village : Konohagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in signature.
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Standardised colors for ALL OF OUR TEXTINGZ!!!   4/22/2014, 6:21 am

I know, I know. The title is silly.

But this is something I feel should be here since it is pretty much a suggestion with site-wide implications.

The idea is this: would it be possible to set a personal basic text color? Like every person could choose any color to have as their standard text color instead of the light gray we have now, and that the individual choice would apply for the posts of individual accounts, just that everyone would have that color be shown?

I don't know if this is even possible on forumotion boards, which is why I chilfy want Lily's input on the feasibility of this request. If this turns out to be doable I do want some comments/input on what people think about this.

Thank you kindly for your time ^^

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

140 chakra points, sooo maaanyyy p-p-p-pooooiiiintsss!

Update and technique repository!

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
Back to top Go down
Cidolfus Demen Kirishiki
Chuunin
Chuunin

Number of posts : 958
Village : Konoha
Job/hobbies : SHINOBI
Bloodline : Kamagan
Registration date : 2010-07-02

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: // Unknown //
Elemental Mastery: // Fūton // Suiton //

PostSubject: Re: Standardised colors for ALL OF OUR TEXTINGZ!!!   4/22/2014, 8:40 am

Nope, impossible to do.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Photobucket

440 CP

^_^
Back to top Go down
Revy
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin

Number of posts : 77
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Undisputed King of 3 Worlds
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Standardised colors for ALL OF OUR TEXTINGZ!!!   4/22/2014, 9:31 am

It is possible as far as I'm aware, but not exactly worth doing. It's much easier if you just manually set your color code in each post.

Otherwise, there would have to be 3 trillion different entries in the CSS that sets each and every persons default text color to whatever, which would be read based on probably user ID. So what it comes down to is listing out each individual user ID, and then attaching a color code to each 1, and then of course alts, and then if someone wants their color changed, etc. You'll wind up with a big chunk of bullshit in the CSS. (Dunno if this applies to HTML or not since you cant edit source on forumotion)

Aside from that however, the only other way would be through cache, which cant be done on forumotion.

So basically, it's really not worth doing.

(But of course that's up to the staffers to decide)

Back to top Go down
The Queen
Hokage
Hokage

Number of posts : 570
Village : Konohagakure
Bloodline : Sharingan
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery: Fire, Water

PostSubject: Re: Standardised colors for ALL OF OUR TEXTINGZ!!!   4/22/2014, 9:36 pm

I did for a while work on a small project. FM allows people to have different colors for gender. To which I tried working it towards different colors for different villages. The issue was as earlier, it would have to be set in the beginning via a profile. It coding was long and tedious, but if it's something a lot want, I can start it up again.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Uchiha/Aburame
600 CR Nin/Gen/Fuuin Masteries

Back to top Go down
Revy
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin

Number of posts : 77
Village : Amegakure
Bloodline : Undisputed King of 3 Worlds
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Standardised colors for ALL OF OUR TEXTINGZ!!!   4/22/2014, 9:43 pm

The Queen wrote:
I did for a while work on a small project. FM allows people to have different colors for gender. To which I tried working it towards different colors for different villages. The issue was as earlier, it would have to be set in the beginning via a profile. It coding was long and tedious, but if it's something a lot want, I can start it up again.

How many would just go and use colored text to their own liking over it though? I see no point in it really. The freedom of choosing your own color will always overlap any default colors in place.

Back to top Go down
Lilium

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Otogakure
Elemental Mastery: None

PostSubject: Re: Standardised colors for ALL OF OUR TEXTINGZ!!!   4/27/2014, 12:50 am

You could just do the bbcode inside of the post. That's not only less time expansive on staff part, reduces our worries that the codes will boink and that people wouldn't like the said general colour, but the person is also happy and personally can change the colour whenever they want to.

it's a win/win to me >.>;

Profile Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Updates
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 434
Village : Konohagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in signature.
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Re: Standardised colors for ALL OF OUR TEXTINGZ!!!   4/27/2014, 10:49 am

Yeah, I guess that would work. I just had the idea that if this was something that could be done simply then maybe we wouldn't need to the BBCode each post. Sadly the task seemed too complex for it to be worth the work required.

140 chakra points, sooo maaanyyy p-p-p-pooooiiiintsss!

Update and technique repository!

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standardised colors for ALL OF OUR TEXTINGZ!!!   

Back to top Go down

Standardised colors for ALL OF OUR TEXTINGZ!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1