HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 

Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hiiru
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 65
Bloodline : Hyuuga
Registration date : 2014-03-29

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Chakra Absorption, Chakra Scalpel, Gentle Fist, Palm Bottom, Revolving Heaven, Eight Trigrams 32 Palms, Poison Mist
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Suggestions   4/21/2014, 1:38 pm

Let me begin with some statements before suggestions. I LOVE the new formatting when you first enter the site. (The staff pics) it lets us know who is who on the site.

Suggestions:

1. Bring back the village count. I liked being able to just check to see what village has what numbers and it helped with character creation and village selection for that.

2. "Graders" (The site may have them but if it doesn't) A grader is someone who reads through RPs and grades them. It would allow for better RP because they would be checking for things like: generally RP ability, flow of ideas, grammar, word usage, continuity, metagaming, etc...

3. Bonuses (This will probably ruffle some feathers, but it's not intended to) Piggybacking off of the previous suggestion, the graders could award bonuses. To ensure an unbiased awarding, if Grader A thinks that a bonus is deserved, Grader B should read the thread and either agree, disagree and discuss, or call in for a third opinion if he/she believes a bonus should be given but not as much as what Grader A believed. I know that we kind of already have "bonuses" for missions, but this would encourage a better quality of RPing.

4. Site Format.
4a. Clans. I know we have some custom clans, and that any member can be a part of those, but finding them is rather difficult if you're new to the site. So my suggestion is that we consolidate all clans. We have the clans from the manga/anime that would be first and AFTER custom clans are approved, they be moved to the clan area.

4b. Jutsu. The same thing as clans. Custom jutsu that are character specific should stay with that character, but if I were to create a general Senju technique it could either be added to the jutsu list with a side note that it must be taught to a character by the creator with NP cost, or that it can be learned through the purchase of NP only.

4c. Profile Updates. Same as the previous two, profile updates could be moved to approved characters in their "Approved ___ Nin" folders. It would just place all character profiles and updates in one place.

4d. The Village Info Section. This is just a minor thing. I think it would work better and save on space if that were part of each of the villages section. So the Konoha missions would actually be in the Konoha Village as a sticky or something.
Back to top Go down
Hisoka™
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 143
Village : Takigakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   4/21/2014, 2:00 pm

1. yes
2. Good idea but it wont be done cuz its similar, even if just barely, to the development system suggested a while back.
3.^
4a. Its not that hard to find them as is, so i dun think this is needed.
4b. No, way too much stuff for admins to do as only admins can edit those topics and adding everyone's custom jutsu would just be bleh and messy.
4c. Not a continuous problem that would cause Adkins more work, but i jus see that as even less organized than how it is set up now.
4d. No would cause more confusion than it helps

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Ivy
Jin
Jin

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   4/21/2014, 11:32 pm

1. Here. Considering this one is updated more often then the other one. It hadn't been updated since near the site opening until I did it the first time. If we're not gonna update it, why have it? This one is a topic I intended to put in the quick links on the right, one step at a time.

2. That's something staff would have to talk about tbh, but idk. We had another suggestion like it before like it, so go check that out ne?

3. Refer to before topic mentioned above. I know it was started by Amatsu.

4. I like but don't like these. It's already hard enough to get people to update the ranks correctly, you want them to update a running clan list and a general use jutsu list? We keep approving, un-approving and then approving again back and forth. So it's really difficult unless someone would spend their time doing that, and it would have to be an admin due to several mod limited capabilities. (I had more stuff in mind but stuff came up forgive me.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Hiiru
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 65
Bloodline : Hyuuga
Registration date : 2014-03-29

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Chakra Absorption, Chakra Scalpel, Gentle Fist, Palm Bottom, Revolving Heaven, Eight Trigrams 32 Palms, Poison Mist
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   4/22/2014, 1:02 am

Relating to Suggestion 2&3:

Okay, so I checked out Amatsu's post. When I first read it I didn't know that was the direction he was going with it and honestly I stopped reading after that guy posted after him. I'm not about that mess. So, I'm going to try clarifying what I meant because what we are saying is kind of very similar.

Example of what I want to prevent:
"Hiiru throws a kunai at Choyosei.
Choyosei skillfully deflects the kunai. Choyosei performs Great Fireball Tech.
Hiiru uses Water Whatever to prevent Great Fireball Tech."

This is an EXTREME example and I haven't seen anything like it, but RPing should be descriptive and more detailed than ___ does this and ___ does that. If you want to develop your character, that's your prerogative. I work character development into my missions, so that I can set myself up for things in the future. But if you just want to wage war, do missions, and fight people that's great, that's your character, but I think quality RPing should be rewarded. That was the foundation for my suggestion. Hopefully that all makes sense now... Does it? Lol.

Relating to Suggestion 4:

Okay Ivy hear me out and anyone else that might be feeling similarly. Oh, Admin is super high on the site... Well, what I was going to say is I would be willing to do that specifically. Once a clan/jutsu is approved the approver could send an email to myself or whoever would like to do so, and that person could move it. Since you said it would be a tedious job that could be their only job, and another suggestion to branch off of that. I would take the position without the staff bonuses if enough people like the idea. I may be missing some major things because I've never worked on a RP site but what the person would be doing is copying/hyperlinking to the original. That way the original can still exist for it to be approved/unapproved (however that cycle works) and people looking at Clan Info or Jutsu Info when making their character or updating can follow the link to see "This clan is no longer available because..." or "This clan is available and comes with these perks and nerfs..."

It make sense in my head, but that is a dangerous place to be. Lol. So, again, if people don't like the idea then they don't like it that's why I'm just making suggestions.

Thanks for reading this far everyone. =)
Back to top Go down
Ryuko Rose
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2014-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   4/22/2014, 1:28 pm

I'd be all for some rewards for good role playing. It'd be a nice counter point to the rewards being given out for mindless ooc fighting where np and ryu is handed out like candy.
Back to top Go down
Hisoka™
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 143
Village : Takigakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   4/22/2014, 1:45 pm

As far as the clans go, an easier and less bothersome way to help ppl find would be to make a post linking to the approved custom clan section in the library with all the canon clans. That way they can jus open topic, click then boom theyre all there

Back to top Go down
Yuki Hisashi
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2014-02-21

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Kirigakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   4/26/2014, 8:43 am

1; The village count was handy, however the others are right in that it was never quite up to date - at least, it was certainly never consistent with the village count topic in the applications area. As Ivy said, perhaps available in the quick-links if required, but I don't think it's essential. It is already pinned in a static area if people need it.

2 & 3; In theory, I love the idea. In an ideal world it'd be great, to actually be rewarded for character development and writing ability rather than OOC brawls and cheap-shot combat scenarios to get ahead. I'm one of those people whose here for the story, to write my characters' life and enjoy myself doing it, so a method of reward or development seems like a good concept, but....
... It just wouldn't work. I know that I certainly don't have time to sit and read through every post, as much as I'd like and enjoy doing so. As you say, to remove bias, a good number of graders would have to read everything and communicate in order to come to a consensus - and doing that for every post? It's an incredible amount of work and organisation, of which this site hasn't seemed particularly good at thus far! Even then, ensuring fair grading would be a whole other headache. Try as they might, not everyone would be treated equally. Furthermore, grading results will undoubtedly stir tempers and cries of annoyance when someone doesn't get what they want, or are not open to criticism. I genuinely wish there was a nice, fair system to promote an idea like this, but currently there isn't, i'm afraid. As it is it'd do far more harm than good!

Ryuko Rose wrote:
I'd be all for some rewards for good role playing. It'd be a nice counter point to the rewards being given out for mindless ooc fighting where np and ryu is handed out like candy.

Words cannot describe how much I agree. The rewards for that are too high, and the lack of IC development and consequences stales the entire concept for me... It's a vain hope that enough people agree to change it, unless a decent development reward system can be discovered that isn't a burden on the staff/site/players.

4; A simple link or list to approved clans in the clan section would be a good idea, and isn't too much to keep up-to-date. Moving approved clans to the clan section wouldn't be unreasonable, but as others have said approval is not always unanimous among staff and complications can (and inevitably will) arise, sadly. It's probably easier as is, although as Hisoka mentioned a nice handy link in the canon section would be lovely.
Jutsu is sadly a similar story. I'd love it if I/others could create non-unique jutsu that anyone can use, but other than giving permission and/or teaching it, there's no neat way to consolidate them without changing the way the clan/jutsu system works. The number of jutsu created and disagreements concerning them mean a consolidated list would likely be too much work and be too subject to mistakes (mismatched information, etc.).

For profiles, again it's probably neater as is right now. I'd always encourage people to link profiles/character biographies/equipments etc. in their signatures for easy access, but that's personal preference and can't be enforced. Moving threads to a single area would make for more difficult/messy updating.
Back to top Go down
Depore

Number of posts : 203
Village : SUNA
Job/hobbies : ???
Bloodline : -NIL-
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   4/26/2014, 3:36 pm

Yuki Hisashi wrote:
Words cannot describe how much I agree. The rewards for that are too high, and the lack of IC development and consequences stales the entire concept for me... It's a vain hope that enough people agree to change it, unless a decent development reward system can be discovered that isn't a burden on the staff/site/players.

I don't remember if there is a hard limit to the number of npc missions, but there is only 10 of each available rank in Suna, and the rules is that each can only be done one time.

I want to note that the total of that is only 2100 NP. It is, while a nice delicious head start, quite frankly not the massive amount it appears to be, when we take a look at the scaling of NP costs for everything.

...Well, alright, so it does allow one to purchase their second and third element with an extra 100 NP debt, which is not an insignificant growth, don't get me wrong, but then you're left with nothing for your more powerful stuff, or to get new techniques, both of those admittedly easily rectified by the lottery system, but still.

Right, so it's a really delicious head start, but perhaps my standards are different.

But in all honesty, the weapons cost is where the real point is at.

All the money you get in npc missions should roughly equal to, if I remember right, 3 million Ryo. Sure, that gets you near infinite standard weapons, which is a nice fall back if you ever happen to break everything you ever had, but then you look at weapon skills and sweet christ.

3 mil for the ability to drain D rank chakra per hit, in a combat culture where in so many people go for lethal from the start and if you ever get hit twice or more (probably once, but I'm being lenient) you are doing something wrong and your character is likely dead.

Unless you are a follower of Jashin.

Then again you could reduce CC costs of specific elements/types of jutsu by 5 with a D rank skill (I believe) which is significantly better than chakra drain in practice and is actually really really good actually, so try and get it if you get the chance, you should, even if it is just enhancing that kunai you keep around for close combat.

And then the C rank skills are twice that cost.

So yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   

Back to top Go down

Suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1