HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 

A suggested inclusion to make Travelling less tiresome.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 434
Village : Konohagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in signature.
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: A suggested inclusion to make Travelling less tiresome.   4/18/2014, 6:27 pm

Hi.

I, like most people, look at the travel rules with slight dread. An IRL 24 hour waiting period to go from a major country to another? A 12 hour period to wait before I can visit a minor country? The hell? Oh well, better sit it out if I ever want to get to Suna/Konoha/Kumo/Iwa/Ame/Taki/any other place I might want to go.

So I thought that we could perhaps include something that, beyond Flashback topics (those were a great addition btw) would allow people to make those waiting or "quarantine" periods more bearable.

My idea is that of the "Travel Stamp". When a person wants to leave a land and travel elsewhere they post somewhere and notes in an OOC message at the top or bottom of their post the time and date of the post as well as a note that they are now starting to travel.

An example of this would be to make a post at the Konoha Gates where you state that you are leaving towards the Land of Wind. At the end of that post you could include something like
    OOC wrote:
    Travelling as of the 18th April 2014, 1:32 AM EST

Then, for each post afterwards the travelling person would make the same OOC mention at the top/bottom of his/her post but with a link included to the post where they started travelling. This would be valid until they enter a new country, in our example that would be the Land of Wind. When they then want to start travelling again they make a post somewhere in the Land of Wind with the mentioned "Travel Stamp" and continue in the fashion I've outlined above.

The strength of this is that you could keep posting in the same country sub-board and then continue posting in the new country once the travel-wait is over. You would, of course, still have to have exited all the topics in sub-board you are leaving, in accordance to the normal topic and travel rules.

What do you guys think?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

140 chakra points, sooo maaanyyy p-p-p-pooooiiiintsss!

Update and technique repository!

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
Back to top Go down
The Founder
ANBU
ANBU

Number of posts : 124
Village : Creator Status
Job/hobbies : Running this Forum
Bloodline : Founder KKG
Registration date : 2007-03-11

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: A suggested inclusion to make Travelling less tiresome.   4/18/2014, 9:50 pm

Hmmm... that is a decent suggestion.

I have one question, how does interruption fit into that?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[14:53:36 08/05/14] The Big Bad : it will last, i give you my word
Back to top Go down
http://narutouzumaki-rpg.coolbb.net
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 434
Village : Konohagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in signature.
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Re: A suggested inclusion to make Travelling less tiresome.   4/19/2014, 5:15 am

Interruptions would be made as normal, on any one of the posts and also following the normal interruption/interception rules.

140 chakra points, sooo maaanyyy p-p-p-pooooiiiintsss!

Update and technique repository!

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A suggested inclusion to make Travelling less tiresome.   

Back to top Go down

A suggested inclusion to make Travelling less tiresome.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1