HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 

Back, Maybe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhoden
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-03-03

PostSubject: Back, Maybe   4/16/2014, 2:21 pm

Sorry everyone. My computer started black, white and magenta screening. The screen would turn a solid color despite the processors and audio still working. I took it in to the repair place I use and they held the thing for a week. The just called me back the other day and claimed nothing was wrong with it. (Despite my being 99% sure its the video card.) So now I'm left to troubleshoot with Dell. We'll see how it goes. :/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Sheet | Update | Custom Techs | Weapons
Back to top Go down
Slothy
ANBU
ANBU

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2009-11-11

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Amegakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Back, Maybe   4/16/2014, 2:41 pm

gl

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Updates | Jutsus | 390 CR
Back to top Go down
Yuki Hisashi
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2014-02-21

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Kirigakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Back, Maybe   4/16/2014, 4:45 pm

Does sound like a graphics card issue, what do you have? Could either be going faulty (it happens) or just simply overheating. When/how does it happen - all the time from the moment it's turned on, or after the PC has been on awhile, or after/during a game maybe? Do you get any graphical "glitches" such as blurred/dotted lines running across the screen randomly, or intermittant colours etc. that come and go?

If it starts after awhile and you think it could be a heat issue, the first step (I'm guessing you/the repair shop did this) is just have a good clean - open up the case and gently get rid of any/all dust, especially inside fans and heatsinks where it builds up quickly. Of course, turn everything right off/unplug it all first! It's ok to vacuum if you're careful and there's nothing loose in there. It's amazing how much things can get clogged up and it can cause temperatures to soar.
Next download GPUTemp and let it run where you can see it while you're using the PC. It'll tell you how hot/stressed your GPU is getting and when, and you can easily look up via google how hot your graphics card (it'll tell you what it is, too, if you don't already know) can get. If it's ever getting beyond 100ish degrees Celsius, that'll be your issue, although the exact working temperatures will of course depend on your hardware.

Could also be a monitor issue and the repair shop was right (although I wouldn't put much stock in them either). Hard to say with what you've said so far!

Hope it helps a little,
- Y.
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 434
Village : Konohagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in signature.
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Re: Back, Maybe   5/4/2014, 12:15 pm

Tanuki, nooo D;

May we please have a status update?

140 chakra points, sooo maaanyyy p-p-p-pooooiiiintsss!

Update and technique repository!

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back, Maybe   

Back to top Go down

Back, Maybe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1