HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 

Should the 8th Gate be allowed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should the final gate be allowed?
Yes
52%
 52% [ 13 ]
No
48%
 48% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
kidbushido
Jounin
Jounin

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2014-03-05

PostSubject: Should the 8th Gate be allowed?   4/9/2014, 4:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well should it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Jin
[16:23:24] Rai Uzumaki : #goodguykid
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Amatsu Qilin
Otokage
Otokage

Number of posts : 341
Village : Otogakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Otogakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Should the 8th Gate be allowed?   4/16/2014, 1:56 pm

Anything can be nerfed....just have it fall in line with the rest of the gates here. Slap a larger boost than the regular gates and make it an auto death after so many posts. This is not hard....nothing here HAS to stick to every canon detail. We water a lot of stuff down here in order to maintain balance why should this be any different. Anything can be nerfed to standard it's just the matter of if someone wants to take the time out to make sure it is balanced. I mean Im sure when the 8 tails and 9 tails are introduced they will not be canonically accurate to the "T" to maintain balance. Hell the Gates we have now are watered down....I think this is made into a big deal for nothing. Also if I were gonna ban anything it would be Evening Elephant or Night Moth/Guy...not the 8 Gates itself.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

-700 CR-
Back to top Go down
Han Yolo
Jounin
Jounin

Number of posts : 52
Job/hobbies : Knight
Bloodline : Being good
Registration date : 2014-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Should the 8th Gate be allowed?   4/16/2014, 6:21 pm

Why nerf it? Why complain about allowing it in the game. Is it in the show? Yes. Does it have clearly defined weaknesses with somewhat defined loopholes? Yes. Is it going to be abused? Pretty sure it isn't. In chat and on paper it sounds like it's gonna be abused, but i mean come on, we have how many gate users and how many of them are going around opening and closing them for lulz again? Panic reactions are not appropriate for discussions, and while yes it should give some merit that it is retardedly strong, the actual terms of usage is pretty low so honestly I say allow it as is.

Back to top Go down
Lokifur Khaddaoui
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 330
Village : Takigakure
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Takigakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Should the 8th Gate be allowed?   4/16/2014, 9:40 pm

if we dun allow perfect susanoo, rinnegan, ftg, etc. y wud we allow dis.

it punches thru bijuu with ease, cud kill 10+ ppl in a topic in a second/one post with no logical way to react, nothing affects the user via powerscaling, and so lolno. even if some things have extra rules here their full power can still be utilized thru a few drawbacks if u ppl r talking about the limited jutsu. also the person who wud use dis technique shudnt be able 2 use anythang but taijutsu.

and kyuubi/hachibi will be canonly accurate i hope ):

Quote :
Twilight Seiker : I swear if people keep this stuff up I'm going to become a serial killer

Back to top Go down
Ryuko Rose
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2014-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Should the 8th Gate be allowed?   4/16/2014, 10:48 pm

Pft just because it was that good when Gai was using it doesn't mean it's always on that level.

I mean when Gai's dad fought the 7 swordsmen while using the 8th gate he didn't manage to kill all of them since we know for a fact that some of the ones he faced where killed at a later date by other people.
Back to top Go down
Lokifur Khaddaoui
Genin
Genin

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Should the 8th Gate be allowed?   4/16/2014, 10:57 pm

dats just speculation. maybe papa dai for die didnt like killing.

Quote :
Twilight Seiker : I swear if people keep this stuff up I'm going to become a serial killer

Back to top Go down
Han Yolo
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Should the 8th Gate be allowed?   4/16/2014, 11:18 pm

You don't allow all of that out of fear honestly. Like I never did quite see the point in restricting techniques just because the looked or seemed too op. The usage of it in show/manga is purely hypothetical and generally skewed for basis of drama or plot which causes something to be perceived as either extremely op or generally useless. Take the Shunshin for example, herald as one of the basics and a necessary skill the master, but after the first arc or two how many times have you seen it legitly used in either the manga or anime in comparison the the number of fights that have occurred? Yet on something like an RP forum it is easily one of the most abused skill in the game that there are sometimes whole rules revolving just around it. Yet once again it's still allowed. So honestly it's all situational and restricting it is honestly just staff as a whole being close minded in general.

Back to top Go down
Lokifur Khaddaoui
Genin
Genin

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Should the 8th Gate be allowed?   4/16/2014, 11:27 pm

you? lol did u forget lr? i obv want no limits. this site dun do dat tho.

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Han Yolo
Jounin
Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Should the 8th Gate be allowed?   4/16/2014, 11:31 pm

Ah. Then well this conversation is pointless -flips table- But yeah, 8th gate should be allowed. Honestly everything should be allowed. If you're going to try and restrict something, restrict something in a logical sense, don't restrict it because you're being simple.

Back to top Go down
Depore

Number of posts : 203
Village : SUNA
Job/hobbies : ???
Bloodline : -NIL-
Registration date : 2014-04-09

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Should the 8th Gate be allowed?   4/17/2014, 8:04 am

As i have mentioned, Gai Sensei equipped a FLAMES OF YOUTH Soul Accessory with +9000!!! to Taijutsu Specialty and Epic Bowl Cut headdress with +888 Rank Damage to Taijutsu techniques and really, really, really, really, really, REALLY should not be used as a baseline for what 8 Gates can normally do.

On the other hand, a Genin loosened the assholes of the 7 Swordsmen, so i guess there's your lower limit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the 8th Gate be allowed?   

Back to top Go down

Should the 8th Gate be allowed?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2