HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to TNRPG! We hope you will enjoy your stay!
Our rebirth is only through your continued support, thank you.

Share | 

Sheep

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yuuka
Jin
Jin

Number of posts : 300
Village : Konoha
Bloodline : None
Registration date : 2014-02-10

PostSubject: Sheep   4/2/2014, 9:06 pm

Disregard the topic title .__.

So I am going to make it short. The ability for those with Mastery in a certain speciality. To teach someone Chuunin or under their same speciality to the point of sub speciality. Why? It would promote more active Sensei to Teacher Role plays. Students pestering and demanding such. How? Sub speciality is expensive Skill point wise from my memory +8 or +10. As such around 4000 word count from both parties. The teacher and the student. Over a course of around a week or so. Why? To prevent everyone from doing it easy peasy. Some people can push out 4000 easy? Dedication! Kakashi taught his students things. Limit? The learning students can only gain 1 or 2 sub-speciality this way and of course the Jounin or Kage would have to a master or master+ in that field. Now let the flaming begin .__.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Missions Completed.
B-Rank : 3
C-Rank : 4
D-Rank : 5
Ryo: 825 000
Back to top Go down
Elixar Takoyaiba
Jounin
Jounin

Number of posts : 440
Village : Kumogakure
Bloodline : Takoyaiba (Yotsuki)
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Kumogakure
Elemental Mastery: Lightning, Water, Storm

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/3/2014, 1:49 pm

I agree with this, I'm surprised I didn't complain sooner xD
Sounds pretty good to me, was about to suggest a larger word count, but the maths actually seems pretty good to me
500 word post, 1 a day each, for 1 week is 3,500 Words, so, that would required larger posts over a week.
Back to top Go down
Hisoka™
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 143
Village : Takigakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/3/2014, 1:58 pm

I disagree simply because in the end those who start as Genin, moreso the ones who started as a Genin during the first month and got bonus SP, are gonna end up with atleast 2 more specialities than everyone.. if not 3 since you can buy one with sp

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
Yuuka
Jin
Jin

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/3/2014, 2:12 pm

Sub specialities. the bonus SP was not enough to buy another speciality. It was a Bonus for those who joined earlier that should not hinder future events. Though there is a point in the large separation Speciality wise so that is the downside.

Missions Completed.
Back to top Go down
Hisoka™
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 143
Village : Takigakure
Bloodline : Uchiha
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/3/2014, 2:32 pm

Yee i know the bonus werent enough to buy it but if they learned two sub specialities, and saved their SP, once they ranked up twice they would have 4-5 Specialities.. I do like the idea in general, just seems abusable in the long run. Maybe instead of teaching a new speciality all together, a sensei with master or master+ can train a genin that that already has sub-speciality in the same area up to speciality? And each genin could only do it once? Seems like a boost to one is a little more manageable than learning one or two new sub specialities all together. Idk lol

Back to top Go down
Yuki Hisashi
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2014-02-21

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Kirigakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/3/2014, 3:23 pm

I really like the concept of the idea, and in-character I think it makes a great deal of sense. I think it'd work wonders in promoting roleplay and open up a whole new avenue of character development, which after all is a huge factor of the site's RP.

However from an OOC standpoint, I can see the counter-argument. I think a cap on the number of total specs would need to be enforced, or else some other facility to regulate players from becoming skilled in all areas (albeit only to a sub-level). Although it's unlikely that many players would end up with an excess of skills, it's entirely possible, especially where an OOC bias/bond exists between players.

I can see the argument in terms of skill points, too. I'm one of the ones who put quite a bit of thought into spending SP on a sub-spec, so suddenly having a different way to obtain that would irk me, as those points would've been wasted on something I'd actually rather do via RP. Although it's a smaller point and only effects characters already created, if this system came in I'd like to see some sort of polite compensation - either a chance to re-pick SP choices or a few individual (less than originally spent, of course) SP.
Back to top Go down
Yuuka
Jin
Jin

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/3/2014, 4:10 pm

I do see both sides. As good as it sounds not everyone would enjoy them. Re-distributing Sp would be out of the question. I did limit the sub speciality gain to 2. But perhaps 1 would be much better. Additionally Jounin could only teach someone twice.

Missions Completed.
Back to top Go down
Paksennarion
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin

Number of posts : 38
Village : Konohagakura
Bloodline : Mao
Registration date : 2010-01-02

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Konohagakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/3/2014, 5:51 pm

Mechanically speaking... Don't starting Genin end up with far more specialties from ranking up anyway? Limiting this to Genin/Chuunin merely makes that disparity larger. Why would it be impossible for a Jounin to teach another Jounin something they don't know? In other words, if this wasn't limited to Genin/Chuunin the effects of imbalance would be equalized in my simple opinion.

Back to top Go down
Yuuka
Jin
Jin

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/3/2014, 6:44 pm

that is True. Let's explore everthing here.

Missions Completed.
Back to top Go down
The Queen
Hokage
Hokage

Number of posts : 570
Village : Konohagakure
Bloodline : Sharingan
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery: Fire, Water

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/3/2014, 7:40 pm

Is that Paks... from Fibi Soul Warriors Paks... if it is... OMFL how have you been Smile I've missed you much

Would people be opposed instead to a... Jaybird/Naruto style thing, where a master+ can teach a genin a sub-specialty over the course of like 4 weeks? Give it more of a effort, and also make it kinda fun/interesting. Maybe Oro/Sasuke if you wanna be gay Razz

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Uchiha/Aburame
600 CR Nin/Gen/Fuuin Masteries

Back to top Go down
Yuki Hisashi
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2014-02-21

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Kirigakure
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/3/2014, 8:41 pm

That sounds like a decent solution; it's enough work to make spending SP still worthwhile if people prefer, and also achieves the RP/development aspect originally intended.
Back to top Go down
Yuuka
Jin
Jin

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/3/2014, 8:59 pm

I think Master+ solves a lot of problems Smile
anyone else?

Missions Completed.
Back to top Go down
The Queen
Hokage
Hokage

Number of posts : 570
Village : Konohagakure
Bloodline : Sharingan
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Elemental Mastery: Fire, Water

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/4/2014, 3:16 am

If people are worried about time, as sometimes people feel weeks are too short/long, we can always go posts/topic

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Uchiha/Aburame
600 CR Nin/Gen/Fuuin Masteries

Back to top Go down
Hiromu
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2014-03-24

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance:
Elemental Mastery:

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/4/2014, 12:01 pm

I endorse this fully as it enhances the RP experience and unlike most naruto sites actually promotes a teacher student relationship
Back to top Go down
Yuuka
Jin
Jin

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/4/2014, 1:14 pm

Perhaps a mixture of both Topic and Real Life duration.

Missions Completed.
Back to top Go down
Lilium

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Ninja Profile
Jutsus:
Alliegance: Otogakure
Elemental Mastery: None

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/5/2014, 4:00 am

Maybe something like 2-4 topics amongst a period of no less then 2 weeks? So that way the quick posters that just blaze through a topic a day would have to wait a bit, and the people that take longer to post wouldn't be timed out by a longer period? If you do 1 topic a week, that sounds nice. But a topic of like, 15 posts or so, 'cuz that'd be at least 1 post on each side a day. Something like that.

idk just throwing my two cents in this.

Profile Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Updates
Back to top Go down
Yuuka
Jin
Jin

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/5/2014, 6:47 am

I think we've got this coming along nicely but in the end the decision is up to the admins .__.

Missions Completed.
Back to top Go down
Yoshitsune - Minoru
Genin
Genin

Number of posts : 434
Village : Konohagakure no Sato
Job/hobbies : N/A
Bloodline : N/A
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Ninja Profile
Jutsus: Link in signature.
Elemental Mastery: Raiton

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/5/2014, 7:44 pm

I'm not too clear on the parameters set out so far (some, what I find to be, conflicting messages being the cause), so correct me if I'm wrong:

1. Jōnin and up can, if they have Master in an area, teach it as a sub-speciality to a genin/chūnin.

2. This is to take place over a minimum of 2 topics of at least 15 posts each as well as 2 weeks IRL.

3. This one is more of a question: Is it only that a person can gain at most 2 sub-specs this way or is it also so that a jōnin can only do this teaching-thing twice?

Am I wrong? Right? Replies appreciated.

140 chakra points, sooo maaanyyy p-p-p-pooooiiiintsss!

Update and technique repository!

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym
Back to top Go down
Yuuka
Jin
Jin

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   4/5/2014, 7:54 pm

Master+ can teach only to those below.
Can only teach anyone twice.
Anyone can learn only once.
subspec
and a huuuuge IC post over multiple topics and over the space of irl time. these paremeters will be set by staff.

Missions Completed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheep   

Back to top Go down

Sheep
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1